Drimbolg Reformed Presbyterian Church

Drimbolg Reformed Presbyterian Church is located about half a mile south of Tamlaght O'Crilly on the crossroads at Drumbolg hill (map refernce C 916 055). The church was first built in 1815, rebuilt in 1836 and re roofed in 2000 due to the roof being torn off during the boxing day storms of 1999. Prior to 1815, the congregation at Drimbolg (the church still uses the old spelling) met at Knockloughrim where they rented the Presbyterian Meeting house on a fortnightly (bi weekly) basis.
Information and photo provided by Denver Boyd

Drimbolgsm/jpg

Known records

RecordDatesOn site dates
Baptisms1895 - 1956none
Marriages1864 - 1925Extract
Session Book (Drimbolg and district)1809 - 1859none
Committee Minutes1887 - 1919none
GraveyardTranscriptions

Page Information


© 2008 Richard Torrens
Page's Author: Richard Torrens
Page first published: 20th May 2008
Document URI: genealogy.torrens.org /BannValley/church/Drimbolg/index.html
Last modified: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 12:59:49 BST