|Burwell||Electronics & DIY||Family History||Hi-Fi History||Misc||Natural History||Wild Food||Walks|
|Biographies||Bann Valley families||Torrens families||Hewson family||Old Photos||Youghal||Bibles|
|Books||Bann Church records||Several Families||Miscellaneous Data||Geography|
St. Nossonus Parish Church (Church of Ireland), (also known as Tamlaght O'Crilly Lower, also as Tyanee Chapel of Ease) is located about a quarter mile outside the hamlet of Innishrush. (OS map shows a church at C 952 038). It was described in the Ordnance Survey memoirs of 1830 as a 'Chapel of Ease' (and also calls it Tyanee Church) and that it was "a slated, rectangular building with four windows, three at the southern wall, one in the eastern." It describes the church as having a 3 storey belfry with Gothic pinnacles at the western end of the church, and had enough room inside for 192 people. In 1830 the date of the erection of the church was unknown!
According to the Ordnance Survey Memoirs of 1830, Tamlaght O'Crilly Lower Church was "a chapel of ease built on some rising ground near Innishrush, being a perpetual Curacy now held by the Reverend Mr. Mark Bloxham"
William Scott has provided a map of Tamlaght O'Crilly Parish
|Record||Dates||On site dates|