[4qd-bannvalley] McKAY and CAMPBELL, Lislea townland, Kilrea parish

 From the "hope springs eternal" department:  :-)

Our 3xGreat-Grandparents were John McKAY and Mary CAMPBELL of Lislea.
One of their daughters, Jane, married Samuel KILPATRICK at Kilrea First
Presbyterian in 1834.

Although I've found out quite a lot about Samuel's family, any more
information about Jane's has eluded me thus far ... except that her
sister, Margaret, died in 1847 while accompanying Samuel & Jane on
their journey to Canada.  Two of Samuel's and Jane's children also
perished during the passage.

Are there perhaps other listers researching the McKAYs and/or CAMPBELLs
from Lislea townland? or who have made a connection with the John McKay
& Mary Campbell family specifically?

Pauline O'Keeffe, who with Helen Evans, transcribed gravestone
inscriptions from the Kilrea First and Second Presbyterian graveyards
last fall, was in touch with me last year ... and if I recall
correctly, her McKAY interests are tied up with Neil McKay of "The
Isle" in Lislea.  I'm not sure whether we can make a connection there
or not, although it does seem plausible that there might be one.
Somewhere.

I think these McKAYs may have been Church of Ireland parishioners.

Cheers,
Alison Causton
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia