[4qd-bannvalley] Semple in Killykergan

--0-1599971428-1105976559=:86541

With the recent bump in activity here I thought I would re-post this.The info on the marker came from the Bann Valley pages.

Looking for any information about Semple families around the Killykergan and Garvagh area. My great-great grandfather was Hugh Semple, born 29 Apr 1804 in High Parish, Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. He died 11 July 1888 in Killykergan. There is a marker at St. Guaire's Parish Church in Aghadowey which reads:
SEMPLE Erected to the memory of Hugh Semple, late of Killykergan, who died 11 July 1888, aged 84 years also his wife, Sarah Jane (White), died 21 March 1894, aged 81 years; and their children: Mary A., died 25 June 1913, aged 78 years; James, died 23 February 1925, aged 72 years; Thomas Semple, died 22 February 1932, aged 85 years; Elizabeth Semple, died 08 March 1933, aged 84 years
While several of Hugh and Sarah Jane's children emigrated to the United States (including my great-grandfather, William), several stayed in Ireland and I'm wondering if there are still any descendants of them in the area.

In addition, William's first wife was Nancy Roxborough. She died sometime prior to 1880 in the US. I've never been able to find out any information on her or the family, but I see the Roxborough (as well as Rosborough) surname listed in Griffith's Valuation for the parish of Aghadowey and am wondering if they could have been married in the area before leaving for the States in about 1865. Also curious if the church may have record of the family or of who placed the marker.

Thanks,
Troy Semple
Heyworth, Illinois, USA