[4qd-bannvalley] Boltons

Hi All,

Allison, thanks so much for sending these records to
the list. It is a great addition!

I recently was looking at a book (Ancestry.com)written
about the Boltons of Ulster (Lismoyle primarily) by
Charles Knowles Bolton.  He had access to Bolton
records copied before the Four Courts destruction -
poll books dated 1801 and 1806 for Tamlaght O'Crilly
as well as the 1821 Census (which had much more
information than the 1831 had!).  It made me realized
how much we are missing on our families by not having
these early records.  He, however, did not use any of
the church records. I don't know why because many of
his dates could have been more accurate with them.

Hopefully, all of us will eventually come
across some previously written document that made use
of these early records before they were destroyed.

In the meantime if you have any BOLTON connections I
will be glad to assist you with excerpts from the
Bolton Book!!

Barbara Braswell