[4qd-bannvalley] Re: Needed a Map

In article <000b01c50099$7ce1db60$599d32d1@computer>,
   Theda J.Brinker <tjbrink@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello List,

> Where can I locate a good, detailed map of the Garvagh area of County
> Derry?

The Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland, sheet 8
http://www.osni.gov.uk/

Very good maps. Problem: they are modern maps and the place names most
listers want to know about are thoae existing around 1800 or earlier.

A modern map is a huge help though.

http://www.4qd.org/bann/Geography/placenames.html
is a page I started (hoping to have others from the list contribute) on
which are listed placenames with their modern equivalents and a map
reference so they may be located on the modern OS map.

<HINT>So far, nobody has contributed to this list</HINT>

> From reading the queries on the list, persons have mentioned Inchaleen,
> Culnaman as being near Garvagh.

You could use the existing list to identify these places!

> I am working on the
> Cunningham/Paul/Scott line from Liscall and Gartnomoynah,

.. and these!