From: 4qd-bannvalley-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:4qd-bannvalley-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Woods
Sent: February 13, 2005 10:51 PM
To: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [4qd-bannvalley] Jamieson/Molyneux/Hill of Garvagh

Jean,

>From the book on Landowners in Ireland, 1876,
page 262, Hugh Rankin Morrison is shown as an owner of 116 acres, 3 =
perches
and 25 roods, with a valuation of 87 pounds 10 shillings. His address is
given as Moneydigg, Garvagh.

Records for the ownership of houses in the 1880s do exist. They were
originally held by the Valuation Office, Dublin, who still hold the =
records
apart from Northern Ireland.

For a fuller explanation, see

http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/browse/records/land/val.htm