[4qd-bannvalley] Derek's message

Derek,

You have put us the rest of us in a very awkward position. A member of
a list community who flames someone and then gets barred is very often
not a loss; everyone else is glad to see them go. But not in your case;
if you do stop contributing, or if you are barred,  you would be a
great loss, for you have a lot to contribute, and you are enthusiastic
and helpful, and the lists without you really would have much less
interest and use. . However,  Richard's rights as listowner take
precedence; it will be up to him to decide; he would be perfectly
within his rights to bar you.  It must be your email system that is at
fault; your messages get through perfectly well to me. You should have
checked whether  the rest of us have any problems before you sent this
rude message to Richard, who after all doesn't have to host any message
lists for any of us, and none of the rest of us have either the
resources or the expertise to do it.  We have all got a tremendous
amount from Richard's lists. Why do people get carried away and  go
public with something that you probably now wish you hadn't written?
It's such a pity; if you get barred, you will miss out on what ever
else happens on the lists hereafter, and we will all miss out on what
you have to share.

I can make no sense of what you've done; it was not a good way to spend
five minutes. The rest of us can only wait and see how you and Richard
come to terms, just hoping that the collaboration and helpfulness that
are important to us in this small group can be salvaged.

Linde Lunney