[4qd-bannvalley] From Bann Valley to Dunluce Parish.

--Apple-Mail-10-238012024

Re Derek's discovery of Garland Kennedy in Dunluce parish ; here is an
extract from the belfast Newsletter of the 1780s; there is a Thomas
Garland who was a jury member who as far as I can see was living in
Seaport, and this must be the Seaport that is now a big old house in
Portballintrae, near Bushmills. He could be Garland Kennedy's
grandfather; I can't see how an ordinary farmer in co. Derry could be
related to a Garland in what was a gentleman's residence. It always
belonged to the Leslies of Leslie Hill, so Garland may have been a
caretaker or something

co. +Antrim assizes +Carrickfergus tried =Orr,Robert indictment
alienateallegiance soldiers +Belfast acquitted. =Dawson,Moses
=Cuthbert,Joseph publishing =Rose,James barracks extract pamphlet
=Cowper,Thomas +Manchestermilitary occupation. state pay trial jury
Dec. pillory imprisonment Regimentjurors =M''Gildowney,Edmond
+Ballycastle. =Calderwood,Andrew brewer=Hamilton,James +Corker farmer
=Loughlin,Andrew publican =Fulton,Adam+Mullooughdoo =M''Kinsey,James
+Feigh. =Martin,Daniel +Ardchanen=Martin,William +Bellisle
=Alderside,James. +Ballinderry =Caldwell,Joseph+Carnclough
=Garland,Thomas +Seaport =M''Cready,Hu. industrious honest mansnapping
pistol revenue officer.

[...]

--Apple-Mail-10-238012024--