From: "Toye, Douglass" <DToye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:13 AM
Subject: RE: [4qd-bannvalley] Kilrea families Ontario

My ancestors from The Bann Valley settled in Dundas County, Ontario, Canada
about 1842 and, therefore, I have spent a considerable amount of time
researching this area. There were a considerable number of Bann Valley
families that settled in five Ontario counties bordering the St. Lawrence
River. The five counties are Glengarry, Leeds, Stormont, Dundas, and
Grenville with Irish and Scottish settlements as early as the late 1700s. A
good place to start is the Ontario Genweb at
http://www.geneofun.on.ca/ongenweb/.

Doug Toye