[4qd-bannvalley] The Will of Thomas Torrans, of Cooleyman.

Hello, Here is a Will which I had orderred from PRONI just before Xmas,
Unfortunately I had left it up safe until after the Xmas break, Ive only
found it now after wrecking half the house looking for it.
I orderred two more Torrens Wills, but I shall email them later.

I think this may be the Will of the Thomas Torrens of the Lower Carragh,
who had married Sarah Jane Torrens of the Upper Carragh or Culneman.
This Thomas had died in 1882 and was born 20 July 1833. He would have been
49 years old then, so he was quite young when he died.

Thomas Torrans,
Died 17 January 1882.
Amount of Assets £624; 00.
In the name of God Amen I Thomas Torrans
Late of Cooleyman wake in body but sound in
mind I comit my body to God how it and my
soul to him who made it. I leave and Bequeth to
my Wife and sons the farms to die?? poset ?? I leave and bequeth to my
daughters Nancy Torrans the sum of fifty pounds sterling . I leave and
bequeth to my daughter Margaret the sum of fifty pounds sterling, I leave
and bequeth to my daughter Elizabeth Torrens the sum of fifty pounds
sterling, I leave and bequeth to my daughter Mary Ann the last ? sum of
fifty pounds I will if my executers thinks the place can afford it. Robert
Torrens, My executors and James Torrans Executors of my Will.

Witness; Smith Torrans    David Torrans.

                                                Thomas (X his mark) Torrans.

Best Wishes.

Derek .