[4qd-bannvalley] Where is Killygullib townland?

> From: "Billy Scott" <billy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2005/05/16 Mon PM 02:47:43 EST
> To: <4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [4qd-bannvalley] Where is Killygullib townland?
>
> Can someone tell me the location of Killygullib townland, please? in
> particular, its location relative to Lislea townland.
>
> Hi Alison
> Killygullib is a glebe townland for Tamlaght O'Crilly and is  about 3.5
> miles west of Kilrea on the "main" road to Maghera, and in the Parish of
> Tamlaght O'Crilly. Most road maps will show a cross-roads called Moran's
> Crossroads which is in Killygullib. The second road of the x-roads leads to
> the village of Tamlaght O' Crilly, aka Churchtown. If you wish, I can send a
> map of townlands of the area to you as an attachment. Fron memory, Lislea is
> in the parish of Kilrea' a few miles from Killygullib.
>
> Billy Scott

Hello, Billy --

Thank you for your note ... this is a very helpful explanation, and it is muchly appreciated ;-).

The question arose because some of our Lislea Kilpatricks married into Killygullib families, and I
wondered how far from Lislea this other townland, Killygullib, is.  From your description, and referring
to the PRONI's geographical index at http://www.proni.gov.uk/geogindx/parishes/par249.htm, I see
that Killygullib is in Tamlaght O'Crilly parish.

I visited the area for four days a year-and-a-half ago, spending all that time in Kilrea parish.  Looks
like another trip is warranted, to explore a little farther afield ;-)).

Regards,
Alison