[4qd-bannvalley] John Black & Jane Bradley

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C57577.9B1CA170

Hello List. What a great site! I found my gr gr Grandfather, John Black =
(b. 1826), with reference to father Samuel, in the Aghadowey =
Presbyterian Church records of John's marriage to Jane Bradley, father =
John.  Also, I read the Garvagh Church Visitations Lists, and found =
household #6, the Bradley family, as well as household #61, William =
Black.  John went to St. John, New Brunswick between 1852 and 1858. Wife =
Jane sailed from Londonderry on Apr 16, 1858 with son James and daughter =
Mary Ann (called Molly). The following children were born in St. John: =
Samuel John, Hugh, Eliza Jane, and Sarah Ellen.  Of these siblings, my =
great Grandfather was James.=20

I had always known that my Grandfather was Irish & English, however, he =
also told me that we were part of the Lamont Clan, and I could wear the =
Black Watch tartan. I do not know how this came into the Black family =
line. Does anyone know? Also,=20
Does anyone have any information about the families of  John & Jane? =
Thank you very much for your help. Judy Webster
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C57577.9B1CA170

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello List. What a great site! I found my gr gr =
Grandfather,=20
John Black (b. 1826), with reference to father Samuel, in the Aghadowey=20
Presbyterian Church records of John's marriage to Jane Bradley, father=20
John.&nbsp; Also, I read the Garvagh Church Visitations Lists, and found =

household #6, the Bradley family, as well as household #61, William =
Black.&nbsp;=20
John went to St. John, New Brunswick&nbsp;between 1852 and 1858. =
Wife&nbsp;Jane=20
sailed from Londonderry on Apr 16, 1858 with son James and daughter=20
Mary&nbsp;Ann (called Molly). The following children were born in St. =
John:=20
Samuel John, Hugh, Eliza Jane, and Sarah Ellen. &nbsp;Of these siblings, =
my=20
great Grandfather was James. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I had always known that my Grandfather was Irish =
&amp;=20
English, however, he also told me that we were part of the Lamont Clan, =
and I=20
could wear the Black Watch tartan. I do not know how this came into the =
Black=20
family line. Does anyone know? Also, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone have any information about the families of&nbsp; John =
&amp;=20
Jane? Thank you very much for your help. Judy =
Webster&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C57577.9B1CA170--