[4qd-bannvalley] Dorrance/ Dorrans.

Richard, I was reading some of the Headstones at Ballywatt Presbyterian
Church, at Ballywatt, which is between Ballymoney and Portrush. On a
Headstone of the Nevin Family I found the following;-

To the Memory of ALICE  NEVIN, of Kilmoyle, who departed this life July 24th
1845, aged 72 years. Also to the Memory of her Husband   ROBERT  NEVIN, who
departed this life 28th April 1851, aged 92 years. Also their daughter   ANN
DORRANCE,  Relect of the Late JAMES  DORRANCE,  Ballury, who died  4th
December 1891, aged 82 years.

Also in the Ballywatt and Ballyhome area There are  a Dorrans family who
also have members burried at Ballywatt The oldest of them would be a Hugh
Dorrans who died about 1903 aged 85, so he would have been born about 1818.
I looked through some Parish records of the area, There was no sign of any
Dorrance/Dorrans in both the Ballywillan and Dunluce Parish records but in
the Griffiths Valuation for the Parish of  Ballyrashane there was a Hugh
Dorrans living in the townland of Gorticloghan, Co Londonderry. But he wasnt
in those areas in the Tithe Applotments of  1832. There was also a Stephan
Doran at Islandeffrick townland.
Is it possible that These Dorrans /Dorrance are the same family of Ballury
and your own connection ??

Best Wishes,

Derek.