[4qd-bannvalley] Re: St. Guaire, Aghadowey Parish Church

Hello Iain. First of all, I'm in the States...When I read your response
today to & from T. Semple...I decided to try to see if I could find
something in our U.S. Census records which might help you,  to which my
husband has a subscription.  Our first census was done in 1790, and between
that year & 1840 they listed only the name of the head of household, &
household members by age groups only. 1850 was a big breakthough for those
of us "want-to-be" genealogists. I spend many hours seaching these records
looking for various lines.  I also believe I saw a listing for a William
McNeil in about the same age range as the William listed in the 1860 census.
I will see if I can find any references to the other names you mentioned. I
am happy if this helped you! Here is some of my Black information...Regards,
Judy Webster

My Great Great Grandfather was John Black, who married Jane Bradley in the
Aghadowey Presbyterian Church of Ireland. John was from the Townland of
Lisboy, while Jane Bradley's information states Movenis.  I have found all
this through the Bann Valley Genealogy, for which I am most grateful. John
emmigrated to St. Johns, New Brunswick, about 1850, and then in a few years
sent for wife Jane & son James and daughter Mary Ann. Cannot recall the
specific year at this moment! I have been told by others using the Ireland
genealogy sites that the Black family was probably originally from Scotland.
And, I have read various histories discussing the Laird of Lamont and this
family. Grandfather told me many times we were part of the Lamont clan. The
site my husband uses all the time is www.Ancestry.com. These records are
offered as "additional" types of subscription membership. They have numerous
references, town histories throughout the States, and some United
Kingdom/Ireland/Canada records.