[4qd-bannvalley] Re Alexander Torrens connections

Hi there My name is Miriam lehmann Great Great Grandaughter of Alexander
Torrens born 1796 in County Derry.     I am wondering  if anyone has any
ideas to share???

From 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Fri Nov 25 19:58:36 2005
From: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Boyd Gray)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:58:36 -0000
Subject: [4qd-bannvalley] Communicants' Roll Books

What wouldn't I give for just a couple of 19th century censuses?!  Just to
sort out which of my Grays was which in the parish of Macosquin.  But I
suppose that would make it all too easy.  For want of the occasional census
therefore, I am trying to use the Communicants' Roll Books which, in this
case, cover the period from 1867 to 1909 in four seperate rolls.  Trouble
is, all my ancestors seem to be called James!  I wonder could anyone help me
by telling me at what age a child was eligible to take communion in the
Presbyterian church in the second half of the nineteenth century.  That
might help me a little to distinguish one James from another.