[4qd-bannvalley] Brewsters--for Boyd Gray

Hello Boyd,

Norman Parkes, founder of the NALIL list and site, knew that I am
interested in Dinsmores (though I am  not closely related to them)
and he gave me a xerox of a Dinsmore family history which is in
PRONI. It is a cutting from an untitled NI newspaper dated 28 March
1925. It says

"Samuel Dinsmore a farmer on the old homestead at Ballywattick, son
of Robert, married in 1783, Mary daughter of Andrew Brewster of
Glenhall, co. Derry. He died 13 November 1829. He was a large, tall,
strong-limbed farmer. His daughter Margaret b. 1789 married Archibald
McIlreavy, who removed from Ballywattick to Portstewart. Their
daughter Rachel McIlreavy married Mr Reid of Cromore. Their son
Daniel a carpenter who emigrated in 1826 to Australia was the author
of a song about the Fishing Disaster at Portrush, see no. 27 Songs of
the People. ...A daughter Mary married Samuel Johnson, merchant,
Bushmills. Another daughter Rachel, b. 1806, married James McAfee,
born near Giant's Causeway, who emigrated." Not quite clear which of
these are Dinsmores and which McIlreaveys; Rachel and Mary are maybe
Dinsmores?

The newspaper doesn't say so, but I expect this McAfee was from
Currysiskin; Currysiskin McAfees married into many n.Antrim families.

It goes on to say that the Dinsmores married into
Small of Knowend, co. Antrim [Knowehead??], Pinkerton, McKean, Bell,
Boyd of Culbrin, Neill and Tomb of Druckendult, Hay of Burnside,
Hunter of Secon (weavers of fine linen), McKinley of Stroan, Dervock,
Henry of Upper Secon, and many others.

I hope you can make something of this

Linde