[4qd-bannvalley] Morrells/ Torrens/Jacksons/Semple.

Hello, As I mentioned on my previous email about the results of my search of
the Old Age Pension Website, I thought I should post some of them as it
seems that There are a lot of Morrells connected to me.

I had searched for the pension Claiments of Jane Jackson. The result read;-

NAME;- Jane Jackson, nee
FATHER;- John Morrell
MOTHER;- Nancy Morrell
TOWNLAND;- Moneydig
PARISH;- Desertoghill.
BARONY;- Coleraine
COUNTY;- Londonderry
AGE OF APP;-
1841 Census;- Fd.
1851 Census;- Fd.
OBSERVATIONS;- 1841 Family found, parents married 1840, Jane not on form.
1851  Jane 9yrs.

So this Jane MORRELL married Mathew JACKSON of Garvagh as I have a few
Baptisms;-
Mary Ann JACKSON, (born 22 Feb 1869) Garvagh, Daughter of Mathew JACKSON and
Jane MORRELL, also George Alexander JACKSON, Born (11 July 1871) Garvagh,
Son of above.
It is quite possible that Mathew JACKSON was a brother to my G,Great
Grandfather James JACKSON who was a baker in Garvagh.
Mathew seems to be a popular Christian name on my JACKSONS, and they too
like the MORRELLS all born about the early 1800s and hard to trace as to who
is who.

I also have a William JACKSON (19 Nov 1811) Widower, Married (8 Apr 1858
Moneydig Pres) to Peggy Jane MORRELL, Moneydig, Her father was Deceased at
the time of Marraige.
William would of been a full cousin to my James Jackson.

I also had searched the website for a "TORRENS" when a Mary MORRELL showed
up, I sent for her Claiment form also which was;-
Mary MORRELL, daughter of William SEMPLE and Mary TORRENS of Moneydig.
Claiment was 70 years old.
She was 12 years old in 1851 Census.

She would be the same Mary SEMPLE who married in Moneydig in 1857 to
Alexander MORRELL, son of John Morrell, Moneydig.
It would have been her sister Elizabeth SEMPLE who married in Moneydig in
1864 to Thomas TORRENS, son of Smith T of Moneydig.
Ironically their daughter Elizabeth TORRENS married in Moneydig in 1881 to
John MORRELL of Moneydig , son of John . Possibly her cousin.

Do you know Ive had to type out this email a few times as I kept getting
confused, so now I understand very well if you readers get confused reading
it !!

I have a Mary Torrens who married in (1836 1st Garvagh Pres) to a James
Morrell,

Also a Agnes Torrens Married (1837 1st Garvagh Pres) to a Samuel Morrell.

Ive been meaning to reply to List member David Morrell and others
researching the Morrell family for some time. So if any of you are
interested in any of the famillies mentioned above please feel free to
contact me, As I would dearly love to sort all these famillies out if at all
possible, and that I dont loose my Sanity beforehand !!

Best Wishes,

Derek.

derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx