[4qd-bannvalley] Re Morrells/Torrens

Hello David, Many thanks for the additional information. Thats interesting
about the John Morrell who was the son of John and Margaret (Torrens)
Morrell, as well as the Peggy Jane Morrell who married William Jackson in
1858 as their daughter.
I must look over my Torrens notes again to see where this Margaret Torrens
who married the John Morrell fits in.
It is also interesting about the Margaret Jackson living with Elizabeth
Morrell in the 1901 Census. Ive looked over the 1901 Census years ago , but
I seemed to have missed out on that one.
Im sorry I dont have much knowledge on that other Torrens family you
mentioned in the Roe Valley area. But it is interesting to know for future
reference what you mentioned that there was quite a few graves of Torrens at
Balteagh. Must investigate that some time.

I have an update of the children of the Elizabeth Torrens who married the
John Morrell in 1864. Although there would only be their children and I dont
think there were any Grandchildren as none of them got married that I know
of.

Did you know that there were two sets of Morrells living at Moneydig and
they didnt speak ??
There was one story that an Alec Hogg was thatching a roof on one of the
Morrell holdings when the other Morrell approached carrying a "Bull Hook" or
"Slasher", and off course in the heat of an arguement in which the two
Morrells were having, one of them started chopping at the ladder of which Mr
Hogg was using.
To his Horror Alec Hogg decided to slide down off the roof on the opposite
side and ran all the way home to Caheny in no desire whatsoever to return
well until things calmed down between these Morrells !!

One of these Morrells ran the Post Office in Moneydig, and when one of them
was deliverring the post to the other Morrell House, he took extra care,
especially when if the door of the house was open , the Postman would have
just had to try and throw the mail in the door rather than meet the occupant
at the door.
Thats just how much rivalry that went on between these two famillies.

All this would have been in the early 1900s.

Best Wishes,

Derek.