[4qd-bannvalley] McIlfatricks and Kilpatricks

I have been following the posts about the McIlfatrick and Kilpatrick
families and have finally decided to send along my little bit of
information in the event that there might be a connection.

My ggg-grandmother was Mary Kilpatrick (1797-1884), married to Robert
Weir (1792-1880).  They came to Canada in the early 1840s and in 1842
bought property in Wolford Twp., Grenville Co., Ontario, Canada.  The
children of Robert & Mary were James, Mary Jane, John, Margaret, Eliza,
Ann, David and Hugh.  Mary Jane was married to John McCoy before they
came to Canada.  All of the family seemed to have farms in Grenville Co.
- Wolford Twp. and Oxford Twp. - near the villages of Bishops Mills,
Oxford Mills, Burritt's Rapids.
Elderly people in Bishops Mills have told me that they remember their
grandparents talking about "Lady Mary" Weir.   Local lore said that she
had been disowned by her family when she married Robert Weir.

I know very little about Mary Kilpatrick.  In the 1851 census for Oxford
Twp., there was a James Kilpatrick, age 40, his wife Susan and children
Sarah J., Violet, William and James.  I don't know if they were related
to Mary, although it seems likely that they may have been.

I'm curious to know if anyone has a Weir in their Kilpatrick line.

Audrey Stiles