[4qd-bannvalley] Making the research leap to Scotland

PRONI has many of the Mercer company records.   The company itself in
London has an archive as well.  According to their Archivist,
however, the early records (before about 1860's-70's as I recall)
mostly cover only transactions and correspondence between the company
and the middle-man/agent they used in Ireland and related
records.  It has very little on the actual occupiers of the land
beyond statistics.  That said, its always worth a try looking at
them.  The Mercer Archivist seemed willing to help when I contacted
them 2-3 years ago on an unrelated query.

Tim
Seattle