[4qd-bannvalley] Making the research leap to Scotland

Twenty years really does tarnish the memory! Having found the letter, from
1987, I find that it actually related to Derry estate records held by the
Clothworkers Company in London!! If anyone is interested I am happy to send
them a scanned image of the letter as an example of the type of information
that can be gleaned from the Clothworkers records. The earliest date they
got for me was 1747!

Cheers,

Steven

[snip]

-
Yes, I stated Drapers without thinking because Alison mentioned them first.
Of course it was the Mercers and what I said earlier (given below) stands.