[4qd-bannvalley] Making the research leap to Scotland

Hi Robert.
I do believe I have a copy of that book, or a very similar one, listing all
(??) the covenanter martyrs. If anyone is interested, I have made a list of
the bare details of all the headstone entries. It's on an Excel file, but
could easily be converted to text,  and has between 5 and 6 hundred entries.
The Book is named "Covenanters tombstones" by James Gibson, printed 1879.
Its much easier to search than the book which doesn't even have an index
(and is not exactly rivetting reading). I have not offered it to the site
for display, believing it not to be very relevant to most Bann Valley
members, but maybe...???.
I have found it very difficult to bridge the gap between early Ulster
records and the comparatively excellent information for many of us who have
known ancestry in Scotland. These records (1660/1690-ish) are tantalising,
but I fear you will need more than the sparse detail in the files to confirm
any relatives beyond doubt?
I'll be happy to email a copy of the file on request to anyone interested -
it's too big to mail to the site

PS  Robert, did you ever own a lambretta scooter, or did I once know a
different Robert McCaughern from Rasharkin?

William Scott