[4qd-bannvalley] Brown/Hamilton

------=_Part_201076_30605275.1159860472011

The Very Revd Dr HAMILTON BROWN Wilson, born at Whitefalls, Garvagh (1820) , was Moderator of The General Assembly of The Presbyterian Church in Ireland (1883) and minister of First Presbyterian Church Cookstown  1845-1892!
Most of his family emigrated to Australia, but I am in touch with a g-g-g granddaughter in Yorkshire.
Isaac

> Message Received: Oct 02 2006, 11:02 PM
> From: "Lunney Family"
> To: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [4qd-bannvalley] Brown/Hamilton
>
> Dear Anthony,
>
> I am delighted to hear from you; James Brown is indeed my gt gt gt gt
> uncle; so we are probably cousins in some degee. Indeed, we are
> probably related twice over, because I am more than likely related to
> James Brown's wife as well, though that's not provable at the moment.
> Do you have the family trees of the Browns of Ballinaloob drawn up by
> Julia Mullin and T. Bennett? If not, I'd be glad to send copies. I
> also have scanned copies of portraits of James Brown and his wife
> very kindly sent to me by one of his descendants in America; if you
> haven't seen those I'd be glad to send them as well.
>
> Do you know if you are related to the Hamiltons of Garvagh? one of
> them in the 19th century wrote an interesting autobiography
>
> I now live in Dublin but I grew up in co. Antrim, so I know a fair
> bit about the family history and related families; if you need maps
> or anything, just ask
>
> Best wishes
>
> Linde Lunney

The Revd J Isaac Thompson
Loy Hill Manse
73 James Street
Cookstown
BT80 8AE
UK
------=_Part_201076_30605275.1159860472011

<P>The Very Revd Dr HAMILTON BROWN Wilson, born at Whitefalls, Garvagh (182=
0) , was Moderator of The General Assembly of The Presbyterian Church in Ir=
eland (1883) and minister of First Presbyterian Church Cookstown&nbsp; 1845=
-1892!</P>
<P>Most of his family emigrated to Australia, but I am in touch with a g-g-=
g granddaughter in Yorkshire.</P>
<P>Isaac<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0=
000 2px solid">&gt; Message Received: Oct 02 2006, 11:02 PM<BR>&gt; From: "=
Lunney Family" <FAMILY@xxxxxxxxxx><BR>&gt; To: 4qd-bannvalley@lists.arachsy=
s.com<BR>&gt; Cc: <BR>&gt; Subject: Re: [4qd-bannvalley] Brown/Hamilton<BR>=
&gt; <BR>&gt; Dear Anthony,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am delighted to hear from yo=
u; James Brown is indeed my gt gt gt gt <BR>&gt; uncle; so we are probably =
cousins in some degee. Indeed, we are <BR>&gt; probably related twice over,=
 because I am more than likely related to <BR>&gt; James Brown's wife as we=
ll, though that's not provable at the moment. <BR>&gt; Do you have the fami=
ly trees of the Browns of Ballinaloob drawn up by <BR>&gt; Julia Mullin and=
 T. Bennett? If not, I'd be glad to send copies. I <BR>&gt; also have scann=
ed copies of portraits of James Brown and his wife <BR>&gt; very kindly sen=
t to me by one of his descendants in America; if you <BR>&gt; haven't seen =
those I'd be glad to send them as well.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Do you know if you=
 are related to the Hamiltons of Garvagh? one of <BR>&gt; them in the 19th =
century wrote an interesting autobiography<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I now live in D=
ublin but I grew up in co. Antrim, so I know a fair <BR>&gt; bit about the =
family history and related families; if you need maps <BR>&gt; or anything,=
 just ask<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Best wishes<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Linde Lunney<BR>&gt=