[4qd-bannvalley] Francis Makemie Summer School

------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C777C9.B67E2280

Hi Folks,

As promised some weeks ago, here are the finalised details of the Peace =
and Reconciliation funded Francis Makemie Summer School being held in =
the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny, on the weekend of 27th -29th April =
2007:
http://www.eastdonegalulsterscots.com/Ulster%20Scots%20DL.pdf

The programme is more or less as I outlined with the main seminars =
featuring a mixture of local history and genealogy.  You can see that we =
have been extremely fortunate in securing every one of the speakers we =
chose in our initial line-up.  I am really looking forward to hearing =
all of them but especially Donegal's Helen Meehan, author of the amazing =
book on Inver, renowned international historians, John McCavitt, the =
leading expert on the Flight of the Earls, Paddy Fitzgerald, from the =
Ulster American Folk Park and James McConnell from the University of =
Ulster, and Colin Brooks and William Roulston, both eminent and well =
respected genealogists from the United States and Northern Ireland =
respectively.  The Ulster Scots Heritage Trail of East Donegal on the =
Sunday is also garnering much interest with ticket sales outstripping =
everything else!

And I think it has been seriously underpriced when you consider that the =
dinner in the hotel on Saturday night, with music by the best Bluegrass =
band in Ulster, is free if you pay for the four seminars on the Saturday =
- just twenty pounds or thirty euro!

Hope to meet lots of you there and at last be able to put a face to a =
name.

Regards,

Boyd
------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C777C9.B67E2280

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As promised some weeks ago, here are =
the finalised=20
details of the Peace and Reconciliation funded Francis Makemie Summer =
School=20
being held in the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny,&nbsp;on the weekend =
of 27th=20
-29th April 2007:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.eastdonegalulsterscots.com/Ulster Scots =
DL.pdf">http://www.eastdonegalulsterscots.com/Ulster%20Scots%20DL.pdf</A>=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The programme is more or less as I =
outlined with=20
the main seminars featuring a mixture of local history and =
genealogy.&nbsp; You=20
can see that we have been extremely fortunate in securing every one of =
the=20
speakers we chose in our initial line-up.&nbsp; I am really looking =
forward to=20
hearing all of them but especially Donegal's Helen Meehan, author of the =
amazing=20
book on Inver, renowned international historians, John McCavitt, the =
leading=20
expert on the Flight of the Earls, Paddy Fitzgerald, from the Ulster =
American=20
Folk Park and&nbsp;James McConnell from the University of Ulster, and =
Colin=20
Brooks and William Roulston, both eminent and well respected =
genealogists from=20
the United States and&nbsp;Northern Ireland&nbsp;respectively.&nbsp; The =
Ulster=20
Scots Heritage Trail of East Donegal on the Sunday is also garnering =
much=20
interest with ticket sales outstripping everything else!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And I think&nbsp;it has been seriously =
underpriced=20
when you consider that the dinner in the hotel on Saturday night, with =
music by=20
the best Bluegrass band in Ulster, is free&nbsp;if you pay for&nbsp;the =
four=20
seminars on the Saturday - just&nbsp;twenty pounds or thirty =
euro!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hope to meet lots of you there and at =
last be able=20
to put a face to a name.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Boyd&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C777C9.B67E2280--