[4qd-bannvalley] Wilmots of Dunluce.

Christine, Ive just spotted your message which I thought was very
interesting as I live not far from Ballylough.
According to the Griffiths Valuation for the Parish of Billy there was a
William Wilmot Snr who was mentioned twice at Ballylough More and Ballynarry
Lower. (Ballynarry Upper is in The Parish of Derrykeighan). There is also a
William Wilmot jnr at Ballylough.
Today there is a lot of Wilmots in and around Bushmills and there is a man
Wilmot from there who just lives down the road from me.

There are still Cochranes around the Loughan area, and also Ballyclough
which is next to Ballylough, I know that sounds a bit mixed doesnt it.

Linde is right, your Wilmots could have been servants at Trails of
Ballylough Estate.

I might find out more, in Fact you should join the North Antrim Interest
List which I am a member along with Linde and Norman, There are loads of
people researching in those areas just mentioned that might connect. If you
need any more information just email me at derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And I shall do my best.

Hope this has been usefull.

Best Wishes,

Derek.

I know a lot of people from there and the surrounding area, Robert Thompson
who is auther of many First World War Books lives at Ballylough.