[4qd-bannvalley] McAlisters of Farrintemple Glebe, Garvagh.

--0-1153795670-1182097260=:42391

Hi Derek

  Thanks for taking the time to share the info you have on John McAllister. Not quite sure if this is the same John or a relative yet. I believe that the John I'm looking for may be different. His son's birth cert states that John had the occupation of a "Sawyer" I have no idea what a sawyer is? I have also found some documentation that believes he was also a farmer or ended up a farmer in Farrantemple.... I know his fathers name was Thomas McAllister, other than that I'm at a loss right now. If you should know what kind of occupation a Sawyer is, I sure would appreciate you sharing, or should you have any tips etc...

  Thanks again
  Hugh McAllister

Derek Torrens <derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hugh, I recall that there was a man McAlister who drove a breadcart for my
G,G, Uncle John Jackson. John had a bakery in Garvagh and sometimes he
delivered the bread via Horse and Cart and I remember my fathers cousin Jim
Torrens telling me many a story and I remember him mentioning about this man
McAlister and I think Jim also mentioned his connections.

It could be possible that this man came to the Garvagh area from the
Kilraghts or Dervock area in Co Antrim , Have you tried the Ballymoney
website at www.ballymoneyancestry.com ?? You might find more information
there !!
My Great, Great Grandmother was a Nancy McAlister daughter of James, she
Married John Cameron at Roseyards Presbyterian Church, East of Ballymoney
about 1861. According to her Marraige Certificate she was living at "The
Stroan" which was either near Dervock or the Stroan near Armoy Co Antrim.
Due to the two Townlands of the same name I seem to have hit a brick wall
with the McAlisters so I can sympathise with you on the McAlister family.

I will ask Jim again about that story regarding the McAlister and the
Breadcart.

Best Wishes,

Derek.