[4qd-bannvalley] New Lister Interests - McCaughey/McAughey/McAhy/M'Kaghy

-------------------------------1185141949

The McCaughey surname is peppered throughout the records of  the Garvagh,
Kilrea 1st and Churchtown  Presbyterian congregations  from 1796 onward.  A few
appear on the 1740 list of Protestant  householders in Tamlaght O'Crilly.

Family tradition is clear that they came to Ireland via Scotland, but  the
timing and the motivation for the immigration have been lost to the  ages.  I am
speculating that they came during the Killing Time of  1638-88, but that is
only speculation.

Any suggestions on where I might look to put a few more pieces of  this
puzzle together?  I'm planning a trip to the area in a year or so  (from America).

Many thanks.

Kevin McCaughey