[4qd-bannvalley] (no subject)

Joseph & Eliza Weir buried Aghadowey Presbyterian Church=2E Complete
inscription: Erected in memory of Eliza Weir late of Ballywillan who died
26th August 1854 aged 49 years=2E Also her husband Joseph who died 28th
February 1861 aged 67 years=2E A few short years of evil past We reach the=

happy shore Where death divided friends at last Shall meet to part no more=
=2E
(Plot under name of Robert Weir, Ballywillan)=2E
Joseph and Eliza Weir lived at Ballywillan in Aghadowey Parish and the
'late of Ballywillan' on headstone refers to their residence not where
Eliza was from=2E Joseph Weir was not at Ballywillan in 1836 (Valuation
records) and by 1862 William Jefferson was in the place Weirs had lived=2E=
 In
1866 Samuel Perry came back from Australia and moved to the property=2E Th=
farm is still there=2E
Joseph Weir 1st appears in records of Aghadowey Presbyterian Church c1845
and is in the church Stipend Lists 1845/49 & 1850/54=2E
There was another Weir family living about a mile away at Ballygawley=2E T=
hey
were there from at least the 1820s but we cannot connect the two families=2E=

John is a descendant of Joseph WEIR and Eliza BELL=2E
Joseph was born about 1793, we don't know where=2E
Eliza was born about 1805, probably at Ballywillan (her gravestone reads "=
=20
=2E=2E=2E late of Ballywillan=2E"
They would have been married about 1837but again we don't know where=2E
They had the following children (that we know of) all of whom migrated to=20=

Australia:
   Robert b abt 1838 at Aghadowey (=3F), d unmarried 10 Jul 1888 at Nhill,=
=20
Victoria Australia
   Thomas Bell b abt 1839 at Aghadowey (=3F), d 5 Apr 1880, at Busselton, =
WA=20
Australia
   Elisabeth b 24 Jul 1841 at Aghadowey, d 26 Mar 1914 at Tarnagulla,=20
Victoria Australia
   Sarah Bell b abt 1845 at Aghadowey, d unmarried 25 Dec 1935 at Carlton,=
=20
Victoria Australia
Thomas m=2E  (Melbourne 1871) Ellen WILSON b Aghadowey abt 1844 and they h=
ad=20
4 children
Elisabeth m=2E (Inglewood, Vic) Thomas COMRIE b Braco Perthshire SCT 1834 =
and=20
they had  9 chn=2E

Maybe there were other children who stayed in Ireland=3F

Joseph and Eliza's gravestone at the Presbyterian Church at Aghadowey read=
s:
Erected
IN MEMORY OF
ELIZA WEIR late of Ballywillan Aged
49 years
Also her husband JOSEPH who died
28th February 1861 Aged 67 years
epitath

Any further information about Joseph and Eliza would be most appreciated=2E=