  From: Bob Faulkner=20
  To: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:19 AM
  Subject: [4qd-bannvalley] A few questions

      I have been participating in this group for a short time, but it =
has been fascinating to sit back and eavesdrop on posted conversations =
that don't even involve my family (but describe the evolving =
demographics of the Bann Valley.)  In May, my wife and I had the =
opportunity to visit Ireland and we spent several days exploring the =
North.  Pouring over an aerial photo cannot approximate the real thing.  =
Standing in the crossroads in Killygullib and imaging the rolling hills =
as they once must have been was an emotional experience.  One ongoing =
result of the trip is that both my wife and I are now addicted to =
Guinness.  Go figure.=20
      I have a few questions that have come up in my research.  I hope =
someone out there can field the answers.

    a.. I have an ancestor who served in the British Navy in the War of =
1812.  Where are these records kept?=20
    b.. Are there records available from the Mercer's Guild regarding =
the Kilrea population and industry?=20
    c.. I understand that a "glebe" is a section of land whose rental =
income supports a church.  What church did Killygullib support?  Would =
that church have historic rental records?=20
    d.. Recently, a member had posted the question regarding Scottish =
immigration into Northern Ireland.  I have been unable to find a history =
of that population movement, although there appears to be a longstanding =
movement between the two countries.  It appears that the Faulkners =
appeared in Derry in the mid 1700's.  I am curious about the dynamics of =
that movement.
      I look forward to hearing from you.

  Bob Faulkner
  1622 10th Street