[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[4qd-bannvalley] Re: Church Records - mistakes?
- Subject: [4qd-bannvalley] Re: Church Records - mistakes?
- From: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Torrens (Genealogy))
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:56:03 +0000 (GMT)
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <380-2200710627201657535@M2W017.mail2web.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <00b001c818de$11b46320$0e01a8c0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Boyd Gray <boydgray26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Then there must be two stones because there is definitely one erected by
> Thomas Boyd of Boston to his father in Ballylintagh. It is just to the
> right of two large stones with railings, one to Andrew Boyd of
> Ballyclough and one to John Boyd of Collins (but NOT the same John Boyd
> of Collins which Lavonne has taken from St Guaires).
Note taken of these two stones. Will work them into the data in due course.
This all well illustrates how careful I must be as 'editor' to authenticate
It also illustrates well how careful one must by in keeping source data
when compiling a tree. It is very easy to make assumptions, but not always
easy to unravel the knots they can tie.
Richard Torrens - R.Torrens@xxxxxxx
Bann Valley Genealogy site: http://www.4qd.org/bann/
Torrens genealogy site: http://www.4qd.org/torrens/
Mailing lists: http://www.4qd.org/torrens/maillists.html