Re: [Bann Valley] EPPI

Yes; I'd agree; be aware that spellings were much more variable in the past than we can conceive of today. And the records were created by someone in a 19th century English office trying to read handwritten reports sent from places they had never heard of. It is a good idea to check all the records fot a particular parish (with variant spellings, like Kilraughts Kilraghts) and if a record looks as if it might contain local names, check it. By opening up a record that listed licenced apothecaries, even though Ihad no inkling that any of my ancestors might have been apothecaries, I found a kinsman Archibald Borland of Kilraughts; his name was spelled Borband; I'd never have found it searching for any normal Borland type spelling variant.
Linde