[Bann Valley] Rea

Hi Ken
We are almost certainly related
All the McCaugherns around Rasharkin were related
But at the moment I just cant place Elizabeth your great grandmother
However one of the farms I own in Ballydonnelly  originally belonged to
Reas
And was purchased by my folks who owned the neighbouring farm
Furthermore I can tell you that a merchant in Rasharkin called Patterson

Who was married on a sister of my great grandfather
Had a brother in Troy NY who owned a box factory
So when kin left Rasharkin for the new world
They headed for Troy because they knew there was a job waiting
As for the pronounciation yep when we say Rea sounds like Ray
Have you the marriage records of your great grandparents ?
Would be interesting to know  Elizabeth parents name

Hope this is some help
robert