Re: [Bann Valley] Torrens/Archibald connections

Yes, you have found the correct place. Derek Torrens who lives in Bootown, Balleymoney, Antrim Co, NI, will answer your questions as he is also from Samuel Torrens and Elizabeth Henderson. His father died recently and he runs the family farm and is very busy at this time. He will respond when he reads your email.

Source{ First Garvagh Presbyterian Church, Garvagh, Parish of Errigal, Co Londonderry, Northern Ireland: TORRENS Samuel, Date of Marriage 07/08/1851, Residence Culnaman, Father Andrew, farmer HENDERSON Elizabeth, widow, Residence Culnaman, Father, James Gilmore, farmer
Wit: Hugh Kennedy, David Torrens

Source: Derek Torrens
No 402;- 26 July, 1890, Coolneman, Desertoghill.
Eliza Torrens, Female, Widow, age 75 years,
Widow of Samuel Torrens, a Farmer.
Heart Disease, Uncertain Tropsy ?? & Debility ?? Certified.
Informant;-  Henry Watson, The person who found the body.Coolneman.
Registerred;- 7 Aug 1890, By A. McNeary.

Eliza Torrens was Elizabeth Henderson of Coolneman, Widow, daughter of James Gilmore of Possibly Carnrallagh ??, she Married Samuel Torrens of Culneman, son of Andrew Torrens, (Above) in Moneydig 1851. Henry Watson who found her body would have been the father to Elizas son in Law James Watson who married her daughter Martha Torrens.

Much of this information is on Bann Valley Data, Torrens\Comments by Richard J. Torrens: “Samuel, his wife Mary Ann and their children Alexander, Andrew, James Wilson, Mary, Thomas, Margrat, Samuel and Smyth. We shall return to this family later, but look at 1821 census entry 6. This has to be Samuel's widow. Smith is still at home and she has two more children, Ann and William.

1796 First Garvagh Visitations done by Rev James Brown

Family 44
187 Samuel TORRANCE
188 Mary Ann TORRANCE
189 Alexander TORRANCE
190 Andrew TORRANCE (father of Jane Torrance, wife of Hugh Kennedy, settled Waddington, St. Lawerence Co, NY..His son Samuel J Torrens married the widow Elizabeth Henderson, daughter of James Gilmore)
191 Jas Wilson TORRANCE  (line of Linde Lunney)
192 Mary TORRANCE
193 Thomas TORRANCE
194 Margrat TORRANCE
195 Samuel TORRANCE