To: <BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Bann Valley] Church records and cemeteries--Castledawson, Bellaghy, Ballymena

Hi Cliff,
Sorry about my earlier reply...someone e-mailed me privately about my post and being new to this list I was just thinking it was public and not paying attention!

I think something I'd like to do for a volunteer effort for this genealogy list is to transcribe the records of the Castledawson Presbyterian Church...eventually. I will probably want to check to see if I can do that, or if I had to sign something when I bought them that would prohibit full-scale copying. However, I've seen other transcriptions elsewhere of records from other churches, so I think perhaps that as long as I don't post all the images online but just stick to transcriptions, I might be within bounds. If anyone reading this on the list knows any more about this than I, please let me know!

Someone else told me they were doing a page at a time and posting it on a website and that seems doable over time to me. I'll keep you "posted" as it were!

~Linda S.
From: "Cliff. Johnston" <moments-in-time@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Would you happen to have any Johnston bdm's from ca. 1800-1820?  More
specifically I'm looking for:

Francis "Frank" Johnston, b. ca. 1805
Robert "Red Robin Johnston, b. ca. 1808
Archibald "Archie" Johnston, b. 1815

Also, Catherine, Jane, and Thomas but no dates for them - all thought to be siblings who went to Upper Canada in two trips, one in 1822 and the other in
1832, plus George Johnston who may have been an uncle..

Cliff. Johnston
"May the best you've ever seen,
 Be the worst you'll ever see;"
from A Scots Toast by Allan Ramsay