Re: [Bann Valley] Re: Torrens/Archibald connections

Hi,

Perhaps the answer is even more straight forward than you imagine. Perhaps the minister / official who was completing the paperwork thought that Torrance was the way the name should be spelled?
My great great grandmother's brother was the Reverend Torrens Boyd.. now sometimes his name is spelled Torrens...other records show Torrence.. so I've came to the conclusion that the spelling was down to the person filling in the paperwork! This explaination is further supported by the evidence of the various Church Marriage registers & other church documents that myself and Barbara Braswell have transcribed.. I have spotted many occasions where the minister has spelled the persons name one way.. but when the person signed, say the marriage register, they wrote it a different way!

Denver Boyd