Re: [Bann Valley] Lisgorgan Glebe, Tamlaght O'Crilly Parish

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for that. You may have seen my thread relating to Thomas and
Matilda Henderson of Ballyagan, Garvagh. They were married in
Ballykelly, in 1841 - we have the family bible. But, no church records
of this marriage. We also cant find Thomas's will for some reason.
Anyhow, I'm just wondering, could any thing like you have described
below, happened in my case above? Or cause records to be dispersed
somewhere else?

Also, the 'hearth tax' and 'poll tax' for the late 1700's has no
recored of Henderson at Ballyagan? / Kilrea. Its causing me some
mighty headaches!

Bill Henderson

> Hi folks!
>
> Don't know if anyone is interested in my little discovery but have
just noticed that a small glebe of 17 families called Lisgorgan Glebe
which is situated next to Killymuck Glebe in Griffiths does not appear
at all in the 1831 Tamlaght O'Crilly Census where instead these 14 or
so families (mostly Catholic names) are included as occupiers in
Killymuck Glebe.

> I believe that Lisgorgan Glebe may have been the 1/4th of Killymuck
that was alloted in 1624 to Desertmartin Diocese.  The other 3/4th
being alloted to Kilrea.

> So if anyone had ancestors in Lisgorgan and can't find them try
Killymuck in the 1831 Census.

> I am currently trying my hand at writing a Killymuck Glebe history!!!
>
> Barbara Braswell
>

> http://familytrees.genopro.com/BarbBraswell/Lowry/default.htm
>

> --

Please note that I am not able to open my messages on a daily basis.
Anything that is urgent in office hours please phone 685642, or out of
hours - 617105 / 492448

BILL HENDERSON, MHK, MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF KEYS, THE POPULARLY
ELECTED BRANCH OF TYNWALD, THE PARLIAMENT OF THE ISLE OF MAN,THE
OLDEST CONTINUOUS PARLIAMENT IN THE WORLD. THE ISLE OF MAN IS AN
INDEPENDENT NATION,WITH OUR OWN LAWS, TAXES AND POLICE FORCE.