[Bann Valley] Re: Diamond, Dillon, & Hegarty Families of Garvagh & Coleraine

In article <20090309.205325.15226.0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Jeff Knowlton <k464@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,

>   this is my first posting to the message boards. My name is Jeff
>   Knowlton, I am searching for information on the family of my
>   great-grandmother Catherine Hegarty. Her parents were Patrick Hegarty,
>   and her mother was Mary whose maiden name was either Dillon or
>   Diamond. I'm not sure which townland they were from, just that they
>   lived in County Londonderry/Derry. I think they resided in the Bann
>   Valley since an old probate file of Patrick's estate said that the
>   matter of his estate would be announced in the Coleraine Constitution.
>   I have a paper somewhere that says that the cousin of my
>   great-grandmother,The Rt. Rev. Bernard Henry Diamond was from
>   Ballyrogan in Garvagh. I mentioned Garvagh to my grandmother, and she
>   said that the name sounded familiar. These people were Catholic.
>   Anyone know anything about these families? I appreciate any help that
>   may be provided.

Hegarty, Dillon and Diamond are not known names in the Bann Valley. But
then there is very little info so far on any R.C. families. It's pretty
clear the various denominations didn't mix much.

There are some R.C. churches listed, but so far no records transcribed.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Genealogy/BannValley/church/contents.html

We'd probably all be interested in anything you find out.

--
             Richard Torrens  - Genealogy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Genealogy site: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Genealogy/