Re: [Bann Valley] McCahon/Morrell Enquiry

To Margaret Gardner-thank you for information on the family of Samuel Morrell 1814-1906. I was aware of his existence but the extra details can be helpful. I f you have further interests in Morrells of Moneydig I may be able to help.Best wishes, David Morrell. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Gardner" <lakemba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Bann Valley] McCahon/Morrell Enquiry

David-

Samuel Morrell (c1814-21 Dec.1906), stonemason, Moneydig, m. Jane (maiden name possibly Alexander). Six known children:
1. Thomas, to US 1865
2. Robert m. Eliza McCandless and had: Jane, Mary, Samuel, Margaret, Samuel.
3. Nancy died 27 Nov.1936, unmarried.
4. MARY m.1887 Robert John McCahon. At least 3 children (could be others): Samuel, Margaret Jane, Annie L. 5. Jane M. m.1888 Matthew Archibald (Jane and Matthew were witnesses at her sister Mary's wedding in 1887). Children: William James, Sarah J., Matthew, Samuel. 6. Samuel (2 Feb.1852-6 Jan.1945) m.(1878) Margaret Morrell. Children: Annie, Samuel, Jane, John, Margret G., Mary, Alexander, William. Also possibly an illegitimate son Samuel Tomlinson.

Sorry I can't help with McCahon family.

Are you Robert and Marie's son by any chance? if so, please email me directly.

Best wishes