From: Dr J I Thompson [mailto:minister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 3:05 PM
To: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Bann Valley] Brown of Trinaltinagh, Garvagh

Linde
Dr John Brown of Aghadowey was Moderator of the Presbyterian General Synod
(forerunner of The General Assembly)  in 1839, and Moderator of The General
Assembly in 1844.
His brother, Solomon, was minister of Castledawson, 1802-1833.  Solomon's
son, Samuel Brown, MD, RN, JP was Lord Mayor of Belfast, and a grandson was
John Walton Brown, BA, MD, LL.D, also of Belfast.

Also Revd John Brown, a nephew of Dr Brown of Aghadowey, was born in
Garvagh, licensed by the Coleraine Presbytery in 1846, and minister of
Garryduff, near Ballymoney 1854-1883, then Culnady, south of Kilrea,
1883-1901

Another famous minister with "Brown" in his name......I don't know if he was

any relation to the above, was one of my predecessors here in Cookstown.
The Revd Dr Hamilton Brown Wilson - he also came from the Garvagh
area.....White Falls, Garvagh - this is on the Kilrea side of Garvagh.  H
Brown Wilson was Moderator of the General Assembly in 1883, and was minister

in First Presbyterian Church Cookstown 1846-1892!

This may fit into your gig-saw somewhere!
Aye
Isaac