To: <BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:04 PM
Subject: [Bann Valley] Types of Presbyterians

I was taught the Westminster hierarchy wanted all Presbyterian ministers to have the higher education thought necessary. Cumberland was a very poor area and could not afford to pay for the cost of that higher level of education for its ministers so, Cumberland got a waiver.

Google~ Presbyterian Alphabet Soup~ I chuckled after the first time I read this. You will find definitions and short history for the many, many splits the church has had. Hence the title. The pages of definitions which were set out in alphabetical order and in a rather scholarly fashion included acronyms and abbreviations.

Truthfully, I cannot remember how far back the history is, but at least it will cover regrouping in the United States and can be printed as a reference for anyone who might have need.

   Regards,
  Margaret

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html