Re: [Bann Valley] Irish Ancestors

Hi!

I am assuming that you are referring to the following grave:
36

Erected by
Mary Keenan
in loving memory of her Father
Daniel Keenan,
Greenfield
who died 21st Dec. 1872
Aged 70 Years
Also her Mother
Eliza Keenan
who died 1st Feb. 1877,
Aged 71 years.
Also their daughter, Isabel
who died 1st Nov. 1909
Aged 66 years.

IF I've got that right, they were obviously married pre 1843 (the age of Isabel) so that is pre Civil Registration. Church of Ireland parish records DO go back beyond this.. however, there is something niggling in the back om my mind that says that Tamlaght O'Crilly Parish record were distroyed in a fire around about 1875.. (and I HOPE I am wrong about that!). So unless they were married in another Church of Ireland (Kilrea, Portglenone, etc) you might have issues finding a record of their marriage.. and even if you WERE lucky enough to find one.. those early marriages give little more than the date of marriage, the couple involved and if you are lucky, the townlands they were from.. Sorry if Im sounding like a wet blanket...

Denver Boyd

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html