[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Bann Valley] Newbie and questioning Kilrea grave date
- To: "BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Bann Valley] Newbie and questioning Kilrea grave date
- From: Stephen of Kilrea <step4joy2000-graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:00:10 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com.au; s=s1024; t=1321416010; bh=FuAK3XtcQcuxy4dKSAsvtpYJyBtlhawSb39SS8PGZ4k=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=2RRdXYHm+sLjs09XIYKLHo1WySdkjKeqff7TnDWAgPt1fyqoPWbq+Q1zhRUopJKO3kqa4VaM8ESAmErNnyLe6OaDewTqygK/3zQjgAWhHAcDkcfqZefJp+7Nkk2YuK/It3Q8oPfY8ZppJGkXi95XslzmZ0XemW/g+9Sac/ZB2Kk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com.au; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=4jh8lnfYS7wj2TLcJywriPAb50rKfY/YS+qcn5t47H9Vi/m221BQyCxyZ1Yq3abVkQnwBu3phOog7hAtutMhdzfQUbaW+sYtwBQZaL+TRqK1QL/G47kGRcvf5ow05bkKrJJYpGlk0M/Y5ltwf+iWeFIRXA8oJMoEXz3+iruBoG8=;
- Envelope-to: bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: Bann Valley families genealogy mailing list
- Reply-to: Stephen of Kilrea <step4joy2000-graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I believe I am a descendent of one of the Graham families of Kilrea, in particular James Graham and Mary Woods of Moneysallin. I'm from Brisbane Australia.
I've been relying on the Torrens website for much of my information but have just come up against my first question mark.
I think the year of death for James Graham shown in the first source (1896) is wrong (possible transcription error) primarily because the same James Graham appears in the 1901 Census (shown below). Circumstantial evidence to support this hypothesis is the order of the
names on the gravestone does not appear to be in the order I would expect given the dates shown for deaths.
Kilrea First Presbyterian Church Records
Kilrea First Presbyterian Church
List gathered on 4th August 2004 by Helen Evans and Pauline O‘Keeffe.
Erected by JAMES J GRAHAM in loving memory of his mother
MARY GRAHAM died 23rd Feby 1902
His father JAMES GRAHAM died 12th March 1896
Also his wife ANNIE GRAHAM died 28th April 1938
Also the above mentioned JAMES J GRAHAM died 29th May 1954
Other source http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Tamlaght/Moneysallin/1521490/
Census Years 1901 Londonderry Tamlaght Moneysallin
Residents of a house
28 in Moneysallin (Tamlaght, Londonderry)
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Graham James 73 Male Head of Family Presbyterian
Graham Mary 72 Female Wife Presbyterian
Graham Ellen 35 Female Daughter Presbyterian
Graham Jas Jno 30 Male Son Presbyterian
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.
You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html
To unsubscribe send a mail to BannValley+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List rules and FAQs: http://www.torrens.org.uk/Lists/3_rules.html