Re: [Bann Valley] Newbie and questioning Kilrea grave date

Thank you Denver for this information!!

GRAHAM
Erected by JAMES J GRAHAM in loving memory of his mother
MARY GRAHAM died 23rd Feby 1902.
His father JAMES GRAHAM
Died 12th March 1902.
And his brother THOMAS,
Died 12th Oct. 1896.
Also his wife ANNIE GRAHAM died 28th Sept. 1938.
Also the above mentioned JAMES J. GRAHAM
Died 29th May 1954.

By the way, can you  please tell me how was this information sourced?

>The original transcrition was a wonderful work, ...

I agree!! I have some knowledge of the effort it takes. Two years ago Mum, I and a friend travelled to the Maryborough Qld Aust. cemetery where we spent a day photographing headstones and audio/video recording details of only part of the cemetery.  I still have a long way to go on typing up the transcriptions of that day.  I regularly visit cemeteries in the Brisbane area to photograph and/or check details at particular grave sites.

And it is such a blessing to have wonderful people go to the effort of transcribing graves in a cemetery on the off chance that someone on the other side of the globe may just be trying to find the whereabouts of his ancestors.

A little about my research in Kilrea so far
For my part I believe that MARY GRAHAM (died 23rd Feby 1902) and her husband JAMES GRAHAM (died 12th March 1902) are my Great great grandparents through their daughter Eliza.  My research indicates that sisters Eliza GRAHAM (23) and Mary GRAHAM (20) arrived in Rockhampton Qld Australia on 27 Oct 1881 on the Ship Almora. Henry Hoelsken and Eliza Graham married on 9 Apr 1883 at Presbyterian Manse, Bolsover St., Rockhampton.  They had 5 children.  Eliza at age 80, Died 19 Dec 1940, and was buried 20 Dec 1940, at the North Rockhampton Cemetery in the Presbyterian area, Section 14, Row 3, Grave 39  ( haven't yet seen the grave). Mary Graham (aged 25) and William Gillespie married 10 Oct 1887 at the Primitive Methodist Parsonage, Emerald, Queenland, Australia. They also had 5 children.   Mary Ann Gillespie Dau of James Graham and Mary Woods died 23 Jun 1932 and was buried the next day at South Brisbane Cemetery, 181 Annerley Rd, Dutton Park,
 Queensland, Australia Portion 4C Grave 13 (no headstone on my visit in 2011)

Although Mary Ann Graham's marriage cerificate says she was born at Kilrea, Londonderry, Ireland of James Graham and Mary Woods c. 1862 I haven't been able to find any birth/baptism record/date for her.

Regards
Stephen

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html