[Bann Valley] James Graham death date continued

----- Original Message -----
From: "j_woods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <j_woods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There is a useful cross check you can use for death dates in Ireland from 1864 onwards, if you are
unsure of the accuracy of gravestone data. At the LDS family history site
www. familysearch.org
the index to Irish Civil Registration deaths is available.  The database is called "Ireland Civil Registration
Indexes 1845-1958". You can search over a given date range, and a death near Kilrea should be
registered either in the Coleraine or Ballymoney district. A check of this index can confirm the year of
death and sometimes the quarter registered, but won't of course give the exact death date.

Thank you J_woods for the heads up on the Irish Civil Registration deaths on the LDS site. I've tried it out a few times in the last few days but it doesn't always seem to work out with a likely death registration.

Going back to my Grahams in Moneysallin to check against their grave headstone details

I think the nearest match on this index to James Graham's death date as put forward by Denver (12th March 1902) is ...

name:                     James Graham
registration district:  Belfast                    <<<< I'm thinking, what is a 74 yr old man doing in Belfast 3 weeks after his wife's death?
event type:              DEATHS
registration quarter and year:  Oct - Dec 1902
estimated birth year:1828
age (at death):         74
volume number:        1
page number:          249
digital folder number:4201705

So I check on his wife's death Mary (1829 - Feb 1902) index to see where did she die....

Name: Mary Graham
Registration District:              Rathkeale   <<<< I'm not familiar with this location
Event Type:                          DEATHS
Registration Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1902
Estimated Birth Year:             1830
Age (at Death):                       72
Mother's Maiden  Name:
Film Number             101601
Volume Number:            5
Page Number:                343
Digital Folder Number: 4201705
Image Number:             00704

I'm a novice when it comes to researching in Ireland - does this seem likely to more experienced eyes?
Each "age at death" is a match. Would a registration six months after death be ok?
I don't know what to think now.  What is the opinion of the board?

Regards

Stephen

.

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html