[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Bann Valley] MITCHELL / McMICHAEL in KILREA
- To: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Bann Valley] MITCHELL / McMICHAEL in KILREA
- From: SBrainstev@xxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 09:19:50 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mx.aol.com; s=20150623; t=1443187192; bh=IFrnl0euPy2HGzt7Z+hdaM8OebOt20U/H+8GrleRf9Y=; h=From:To:Subject:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=OOYUA9qrkI5XOv3rWg+nyu3i+hvZeNKUxycHiBLBwMhDIo8+LqD3wtI6oFavAXDIa e5ldEbo8ISQDDFHsxUH/KGY83hNkBXoXhm3rGbYgWScT9ARCDTNVE6dpB28ANzc5Sg pPYMp5kGrF9K9dyKrZU9i+U99JJcEgj2J4+08Eug=
- Envelope-to: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Full-name: SBrainstev
- List-id: Bann Valley families genealogy mailing list
- Reply-to: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am a newcomer to this list (but am a 'lister' on several county lists in
the UK) and hope that perhaps SKS may be able to help me shed light on my
Mitchell / Mc Michael ancestors who lived in Kilrea in the first half of
the nineteenth century.
A brief resume of what I know....
James Mitchell married Peggy Mc Donald ca 1830/1 and raised a family in
the town. They seem to have had 8 children (though one died in infancy),
including John, my 2x great grandfather, who moved to mainland England
(Cheltenham) around 1850/51
James worked as a coachman at the Manor House and the family lived in 'the
Stables' (extract of the 1851 census)
I know that James and Peggy were Presbyterians and have seen the
transcript from the 1st Presbyterian Church in Kilrea dated Nov 1831 where they
had been accepted and taken their first communion.
What I find surprising is that despite being communicant members of the
church there, only the two youngest children appear in the baptismal
register (Jane in Jan 1851 and James in 1853) - none of the older children seem to
have been brought to the font in that church. Can anyone tell me where
the first six might have been baptised?
I am obviously also hoping to find indications of when and where James and
Peggy were born and their parentage. (I do know that the family names
Mitchell and Mcdonald appear in the 1831 census so I suspect they both came
Any help/ advice would be most welcome.
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.
You may post to the list or send attachments
To unsubscribe send a mail to BannValley+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List rules and FAQs: http://www.torrens.org.uk/Lists/3_rules.html