Re: [Bann Valley] Re: Surnames McKay and Gamble from Lislea

I believe I've searched through this site as well as a few others like magheragenealogy.org, www.angelfire.com/falcon/bannvalley, www.thekeenans.id.au, lavonnebradfield.tripod.com/Barbara.html.

I think my difficulty lies in the following:
The marriage does not list an age for Agnes McKay.  Agnes seems to be a variable name - I've found for several individuals different forenames in different events (e.g. Agnes, Nancy, Ann, etc.).  There are several James McKays that could fit for this time period.  Without knowing a birthdate for Agnes or her mother's name, there's not enough to determine which James McKay.

The Gamble witnesses may be meaningful in the research.  For instance, I know there was a James Gamble who married a Jane McKay.  From the records I've seen, I think the David Gamble on the marriage record is the David Gamble who married Nancy Magill.  But I cannot confirm any of this, so following the Gamble lines hasn't yet broken any walls.

I have several old studio photos from Coleraine and Ballymena, but most are not labeled.  One non-studio photo I have is labeled "David & Nancy" on the back.  It *may* be them, but it may be people completely different.  Since I have Dick, Leith and Campbell connections as well between Portglenone Ahoghill and Cullybackey the possibilities are many.

My hope is to find someone who has a connection to, or has researched along, one or more of these family lines.

Thank you,
Randall

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list or send attachments
   via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html