Re: [Bann Valley] McConnell, Morrell, Semple, Torrens

Dr. Morrison called John Morrell "Daddy" and since none of his descendants seem to have used the first name of David then it's unlikely that "Daddy" is a form of Daid.

From: Linde Lunney <lindelunney@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 20 March 2016 18:26
To: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Bann Valley] McConnell, Morrell, Semple, Torrens

Hello Margaret
I wonder if "daddy's John" might have been "Daid''s John"  or "Daidy's
John."
My grandfather David Torrens and other Davids were sometimes called Daidy
as a petname. It's a Scottish form of the name I think
Linde Lunney

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list or send attachments
   via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormBV.html