[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Bann Valley] Looking for Info on Jamieson's of North Gower Ontario
- To: "BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxx" <BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [Bann Valley] Looking for Info on Jamieson's of North Gower Ontario
- From: "J. Ronald Eastman" <REastman@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 16:33:12 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=REastman@xxxxxxxxxx;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=clarkuedu.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-clarku-edu; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=RTpaJhrmXhyp1tqCiGtEj+v5+R/2Y/UQn17GKr+Mt0o=; b=TGAdqe2ibL2jYhyYNQOyPmBjxMKCZC+ukXuZnYiy4GT7tO5ee96vNVsA/5jsRuliFGq7AEmM/kPBa4oqjo0XuNOG/R8uaQoXQLB4xWT8iG+iAGwWwUw5dsVy55+HoBUUN8aFQtibbPlhw9KF3yi2w+fxFxUlrmXS+vi7F+rqPXY=
- Envelope-to: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <CAAL60d4cpjJruvAaBqHUyuWvjeMaVxZFisB=utVF=OWJvF2goA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: Bann Valley families genealogy mailing list
- References: <DM2PR03MB51127905814756199FCA5EBB1550@DM2PR03MB511.namprd03.prod.outlook.com> <CAAL60d5OwW+0rM=NWUN1CMYpXHhCiNbM55kh2ij0d=_EGMHgRA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAL60d4cpjJruvAaBqHUyuWvjeMaVxZFisB=utVF=OWJvF2goA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: BannValley@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdNaold+m2aYoVPeQ2agTLe/SS7qQgASZCAAAALT5gAABNc6MA==
- Thread-topic: [Bann Valley] Looking for Info on Jamieson's of North Gower Ontario
Dear Linde. Thank you so much for all this information. I did receive the attachment you sent through the list. This is all excellent information.
From: Linde Lunney [mailto:lindelunney@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Bann Valley] Looking for Info on Jamieson's of North Gower Ontario
yes I knew I'd been in touch with a Jamieson descendant. And it was 17 years ago! hope my correspondent is still reachable. I'll sent the attachments to your own email address. Linde
On 11 November 2017 at 12:52, Linde Lunney <lindelunney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have connections to Jamiesons of the Moneydig/ Garvagh area through
> two or three marriages but I have no likely DNA connection. I do
> however keep an eye on them, they are an interesting family, with a
> very long history in that area. One of my Torrens relatives (,not sure
> what relation) married a Margaret Jamieson daughter of Jonathan
> Jameson of Movanagher and their son Jonathan Torrens married another
> Margaret Jameson, presumably his cousin I am in touch with
> descendants of that marriage but I don't know if they have taken DNA tests.
> I am also connected to Jamiesons through Jane Jamieson of Brookfield
> Garvagh who was first wife of my several times great grandfather John
> Toye of the Quarter, Cullyrammer who died in 1876. There were children
> of the first marriage to Jane, several emigrated to Rhode Island. As
> did at least one of the second family. There were Toyes, incidentally,
> who emigrated to Canada.they went to Toye's Hill, Dundas county,
> Mullin's book on Aghadowey mentions a proto industrialist in the area,
> Robert Jameson of Brookfield who had a bleach green.
> Do you get John Jameson's Jam*son newsletter? I can put you in touch
> if you want.
> I am sure I have been in touch with at least one other Jameson descendant.
> I'll check ancient emails and will reply again Linde Lunney
> On 11 Nov 2017 06:15, "J. Ronald Eastman" <REastman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello BannValley List Members:
>> Allow me to introduce myself. I believe that I am descended from the
>> Jamieson family of the Garvaugh, Moneydig, Culleyrammer, Kilrea area
>> of Northern Ireland. My name is Ron Eastman. My grandfather (Ernest
>> Roy Eastman, 1874-1957) was born out of wedlock in Kars, North Gower
>> Township, Carleton County, Ontario, Canada. He was given the surname
>> of his mother, Jane Ermina Eastman (1849-1910). A few years after he
>> was born, she married John G. Jamieson of Wellington Village (as Kars
>> was called then). From DNA testing I've come to the tentative
>> conclusion that John G. Jamieson is in fact my great grandfather -
>> i.e., that my grandfather's father eventually married my grandfather's mother - a great love story!
>> So, now the Bann Valley. Assuming I'm really a Jamieson, I can trace
>> them back to a John Jamieson (1757-1839) and Matilde Hill (dates
>> unknown) that first came to Ontario from somewhere in the Garvaugh,
>> Moneydig, Culleyrammer, Kilrea area. Does anyone have any information
>> about them? My Y-DNA test (ok ... I've had just about every DNA test
>> possible) suggests I am Scots-Irish with origins somewhere in (southwest?) Scotland.
>> Thanks. I look forward to any information you might have.
>> Ron Eastman
>> Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.
>> You may post to the list or send attachments
>> via: http://genealogy.Torrens.org/contact/FormBV.html
>> To unsubscribe send a mail to BannValley+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> List rules and FAQs: http://www.torrens.org/Lists/3_rules.html