1796

> Dear Richard, DID Lavonne TYPE all this in??

Must have... But there are a few images of sample pages of rhe
documents, so I guess that she she photographed the documents at the
time and is only now typing them in.

Shame that she doesn't do the html markup by hand: whatever she's using
for the job of producing rubbish in places. The 1825 pages contain lots
of rubbish at start and end of each page.

I don't know what other's like to use for actual data, but I think plain
ASCII text is about the best. It's not a huge task re-processing
Lavonne's pages to give plain text, but I'm not surprised they crashed
your browser.

Anyway, hats off to her - she is doing a monumental task transcribing
the data.

> I see lots of familiar names as well as Torrenses; I see for instance
> Susanna Gray, who is probably the same girl who was accused by her
> neighbour of having murdered her illegitimate child; the papers are in
> PRONI. So lots of material to help other families with their queries;
> thank you for sending it, I will have to get back in touch with Lavonne

Attached are 1818 and 1825 lists...

> I will print out the Tuttle paper and think about it.  Do you think I
> should for the list transcribe the material I got from that American
> woman; the letter which RM Torrance put into his book but elided the
> reference to co. antrim?  Tom Fetters might think I was getting at
> him....

It's not entirely clear what folks on the list want as they won't say.
Most folks are always hoping for someone else to contribute! So yes, if
it's of general interest, please send it.

> Re the LDS site. It is a pity you can't get at it.

Java/JavaScript: it's not a total impossibility for me. I believe
there's an upgrade for my browser, costing only about £35. I've simply
seen no good reason to want it, so I've not even investigated!

But there's also talk of an upgrade for our browser before Christmas!
Then it's entirely possible that I could get one of the free CDs we keep
getting running on the PC card - I've simply had no reason to want to be
bothered!

> It has some real records, and would be valuable for those alone--you
> might be able to follow up your Longs, etc.  Some of the rest of the
> stuff might be invention, and some of it is besmirched by contact with
> SgtHugh--and some of it is completely mystifying. I can't imagine where
> it came from. The trouble with the non-official records is that they
> load material from Mormons finding ancestors to baptize, and perhaps
> they don't care too much if they are THEIR ancestors or not.

Yes: it's been commented elsewhere that the LDS contains much info that
is useful, mixed with a liberal seasoning of fiction. They aren't too
fused on where the info originates from!

> I was hoping you could have a look at the Aarons and discuss it with me;

Even before I can search the records myself, you should be able to
extract data from your on-screen display and save it as, for instance,
plain text so you can email it for discussion. This would be very easy
on an Acorn: certainly not so easy on a PC or Mac, and I've no ideas of
how you'd need to go about it! There must be a 'Save Page' option: does
this give you a choice of formats to save in?

> they are stranger than I at first appreciated. Viz:
>
> There are several different records for Aaron T.s , diff. surname
> spellings; presumably entered in LDS records by different people; perhaps
> from published sources, perhaps not
>
> Aaron T. b. Coolnaman 1723 died 1789 Chester Pennsylvania; married
> Susanna Finley of Mullaghbrack of Armagh in 1750; had children in Armagh
> as I noted in my letter to you. How he got to Mullaghbrack, mind you.

Do you believe anything that claims an Aaron in our patch? So we can
delete the Culnamen bit, I think.

> Aaron T. b. 1722 in Coolnaman d. 1795 in Lexington, Ky. His father is
> said to be Albert, and Gf the redoubtable Sgt Hugh

Beginning to sound fictional!

> Still with me?

Was I ever?

> Aaron T. b. abt 1665 in Scotland, died in Coolaman. Wife was Sally.
> Brother was Hugh 1665-1712. Aaron and Hugh's father who lived and
> presumably died in Scotland was Thomas b. abt 1639, wife Sally. b. abt
> 1643. Thomas had two sisters, Peggy b. 1643 and Mary b. 1641. Their
> father and mother were James and Mary; James b. abt 1600
>
> So what do you make of all this? Where could it have come from? Does any
> of it look even slightly likely? Are the Aarons internally consistent?
> Could it possibly be that the name Aaron and the name Alexander are for
> some reason interchangeable in the 17th C? Or should I pretend I haven't
> seen any of it, and delete the bookmark to the site?

I would have been surprised by a statement that 'the name Aaron and the
name Alexander are interchangeable': surely you don't believe it? On the
other hand that doesn't stop some punter who cannot read v. old Scottish
MS - but Aaron = Alexander? Surely difficult to misread one to the
other, even in ancient Scottish script. Alan=Aaron I could see. In
16th C Scotland we have Alan, Allane, Allan, Andro all closer to Aaron.
I would suspect its wishful misreading!

> Two final points for tonight. I'll type you out some of the more ordinary
> marriages etc tomorrow or whenever.
>
> The site has Coolnaman Hughs, but vitiated by Sgt Hugh. However, there is
> one Hugh, noted only as from Londonderry, said to be a twin; if I read it
> right he might be Hugh the third in line  it says Torrance, Hugh L iii
> twin. Anyhow. b.5 November 1745 d. 23 Jun 1830 Manordale Farm,
> Westmorland, Pa. Married in Ireland 28 Feb. 1797 Mary Boreland. The
> detail in this makes it somewhat more convincing. Can we snaffle this
> Hugh?  Perhaps a descendant of Caheny???

There's an awful lot of perhapses: trouble is that all this info is now
tarred with the same brush. The normal way of treating LDS info would
be as suspect, to be checked against other known facts or existing
documentation. We run the risk of doing a selective picking of bits we
like to prove our own theory.

We have three possible piles:
1: fits against proven facts.
2: disagrees with known facts.
3: can't tell.

So we end up with a lot of bits filed for future reference. To make it
difficult, any one statement contains many facts: e.g in the following:
>> Aaron T. b. abt 1665 in Scotland, died in Coolaman. Wife was Sally.
>> Brother was Hugh 1665-1712. Aaron and Hugh's father who lived and
>> presumably died in Scotland was Thomas b. abt 1639, wife Sally. b. abt
>> 1643. Thomas had two sisters, Peggy b. 1643 and Mary b. 1641. Their
>> father and mother were James and Mary; James b. abt 1600

a: was Aaron really called Aaron or is this a misread.
b: if it was Aaron, is it a single Aaron, or two with the same name who
have been combined.
c: born about. Fact, guess or wishful thinking?
d: died in Coolnamen. Did he, or was it someone else who died there. Was
that Coolnamen in our patch, Coolnamen somewhere else or some word which
the reader took to be Coolnamen.
...etc.

Personally, in order to believe any such statement I need to see the
original data so I can see how it's been translated. Otherwise it's in
heap 3. I have no idea of how good the author's imagination was!

> 3 October 1697 in St Michan's in Dublin Robert Terance, whose father was
> Andrew, married Sarah. This is from the register, so is presumably okay.

Agreed. Since the records are mostly destroyed we have to accept
transcriptions of them as being in good faith and as accurate as was
possible.

> There are several early Drumachose marriages, which I can transcribe for
> the list, if our drumachose men haven't seen them. Also marriages and
> births from church registers and from the Registrar General; MANY T.s
> even locally that I don't have from registers and land records.

Attached is the actual list of email addresses: many of them you will
recognise. I'm tending to use the list for items that may be of general
interest. Otherwise I can put larger items on our www site and announce
via the list that they are available.

> Is there an Internet cafe near you?

'Near' is a relative term. Working from home, I don't get put much.

> To reply to one of your points; I don't know that I will accept that the
> 2 to Robert was to Robert in America; it doesn't say that it was to go to
> Robert in America as other similar bequests in other wills do, and there is
> no reason to suppose that Alexander would pick out one of Hugh's children
> when that child was so far away.

Entirely agreed. As such a gesture it's possible rather than likely. As
such it makes us want to find another Robert, but not to invent one?

> I think there is room for a son of another brother, and I think Annie's
> theory is worth keeping in mind.

Agreed. I wish it were simpler to keep notes of such possibilities,
rather that simply keep them in mind..

I've amended 'The book' in the relevant place: it now reads:
| Carnroe and Mullahinch townlands are about 2 miles from each other in |
| Aghadowey parish.                                                     |
| The first Torrenses are listed in the area in 1663 (Hearth money      |
| rolls) and the certainly were not more that a few families there in   |
| 1717. Perhaps a few more in 1748, but it must be that Archibald who   |
| made his will in 1748 is the son to Alexander who made his will in    |
| 1717. Archibald had inherited the Carnroe holding from Alexander.     |
| Notice also the reference by Archibald to Alexander Torrence of the   |
| half town of Mullahinch. Clearly this has to be the Alexander of      |
| Mullahinch who made his will in 1770.                                 |
| Notice also, in the 1770 will the instruction:  'To my brother's son  |
| Robert Torrans. £2'.                                                  |
| Robert M Torrance points out in his book that 'Now Mullahinch is but  |
| three miles from Nocarah (which a part of Culnaman). There is also no |
| other known Robert in the area near that time who is a likely         |
| candidate to be the 'brother's son'.                                  |
| Except that the transcription of the letter shows Roberts age in 1804 |
| to be 26 - which would give a date of birth in 1778 - too late for    |
| him to fit.                                                           |
| However, examine Robert's letter further. He says "Your Sister Jean   |
| Died in Oct.r 1802 Aged 74 Years  She had 14 Children 10 of which are |
| alive viz 5 sons and 5 Daughters.                                     |
| If Jean was 74 in 1802 she would have been 50 in 1778- the year       |
| Robert should have been born if he had, indeed, been 26 when he wrote |
| the letter. This is perhaps possible - but seems unlikely.            |
| The only other known Robert at that time is Robert in Middlebury. He  |
| left for America in 1754, some 16 years before the date of the will.  |
| Could this be the Robert mentioned? We know that it was quite common  |
| for emigrated relatives to be mentioned in wills and it is a          |
| plausible theory that Alex Torrens' will was more by way of cementing |
| family ties than distributing his inheritance. There is no absolute   |
| proof of this, but making the assumption that American Robert is the  |
| correct Robert does seem to lead to the simplest tree. So, for the    |
| moment I will make this connection on the understanding that it is    |
| entirely speculative and may require undoing later!                   |
| The other possibility is that Alexander had another brother, whose    |
| son this Robert was. It has been suggested that the name of this      |
| other brother is William: the executor of this will. This brother     |
| neither confirms nor disproves the theory that Hugh of Mayoughill and |
| Alexander of Mullahinch were brothers.                                |

> Certainly when I see how many T.s there are in LDS records that I didn't
> know anything about even in the 19th C., I'm not going to be too
> surprised if after all our material is nowhere near complete in the 18th
> C. Discouraged....

Rather that examine the huge pile of mixed fiction that's available,
should we not carefully examine all new facts as they come in, and
carefully re-examine what we've already got?

How many of the 1796 visitations can you recognise? Can we hang any more
related families on out tree?

As an alternative: we could simpy write our own definitive work of
speculative genealogical fiction!

--
Richard Torrens  - torrens@xxxxxxxxx
Torrens families Genealogical site  http://www.4QD.co.uk/torrens/

Gortfadd

Jno MC CONNEL
* Agnes his wife
* Willm
* Alexr
* Serah
* Mary
*  Mary MILLEN

Widow WOODBURN
* Jas
* Wm
* Jno
* Geo

Danl MC CAGHEY
* Jane his wife
* Mary Ann
* Margt
* Jno

Mathew WOODBURN
* Isabella, his wife
* Jno
* Robt
* Mathew
* Jas
* Geo

Jas WILLSON
* Jennet his wife
* Jane
* Mary
* Margy
* Jas
* Isabella
* Elizabeth

Widow WILSON
* Jno
* Agnes
* Mary Ann

Willm WOODBURN
* (Page torn) his wife

Gortnamoyagh

Thos JOHNSTON
* Isabella his wife
* Agnes
* Ann
* Jas
* Elizabeth
* Saml
* Jennet

Widow JOHNSTON
* Jno
* Jas
* Willm
* Jane

Jas JOHNSTON
* Margt his wife
* Martha
* Jas
* Thos
* Mary
* David

Saml JOHNSTON
* Elizabeth his wife
* David
* Jno
* Jas
* Margt

Liscall

MATHEW DRISS
* Elizabeth his wife
* Alexr
* Serah
* Isabella
* Robt
* Elinar (twins?)
* Eliza (twins?)
* Math
* Jas

Jno CREIGHTON
* Margt his wife
* Rabeca

Jno BRUCE
* Ann his wife
* Jas
* Agnes
* Jane
* Jno
* Mary

Hugh RANKEN
* Ann his wife
* Chas
* Mary Ann
* Martha
* Agnes

Saml CASKEY
* Mary Ann his wife
* Mary
* Margt
* Rabeca

Bolleran

Hugh LOGAN
* Mary Ann his wife
* John
* Susan
* Mary Ann

Jas LOGAN
* Hugh
* Jas
* Mary Ann

Susanna GOALD
* Elizabeth
* Thos
* Letilia
* Agnes

Alexr GOALD
* Margt his wife
* John
* Jas
* Alexr
* Wm
* Henrietta

Ann Goald CANNING
* Jas
* Letilia
* Elizabeth
* John
* Ann

Wm CANNING
* Agnes his wife
* Mary

Carragh Glass

Robt MC CURDEY
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Hugh
* Elizabeth
* Mary
* Saml

Jas MC CURDEY
* Agnes his wife
* Robt

Finagh

Adam MC PHERSON
* Serah his wife
* Robt

Alan WILLSON
* Mary hi wife
* Agnes
* Elizabeth
* Mary Ann
* Margt
* Saml

Bellragh

Widow MC PHERSON
* Mary
* Jno
* Elizabeth
* Serah
* Jane
* Margt

Joseph MC PHERSON
* Jas
* Robt
* Saml
* Thos
* Thos
* Adam
*
Widow MC PHERSON
* Thos
* Joseph

Carr

Jno MARTIN
* Susanna his wife
* John
* Susann
* Agnes

Hugh KELLY
* Jennet his wife
* Agnes
* Hugh
* Jane
* Mary Ann
* Eliza

Lisboy

Willm GILMORE
* Margrat his wife
* Saml
* Mary Ann

Aghadowey

Jas COCHRANBR
* Mary his wife
* Margt
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* Jane
* Isabella
* Jas
* Martha

Robt WILLSON
* Mary his wife
* Mary Ann
* Robt
* Eliza
* Jane
* Willm

Robt MC NEAL
* Margt his wife
* Jane
* Agnes
* Rett

Moneycarey

Samuel SMYTH
* Mary his wife
* Mary
* John
* David
* Willm
* Saml

John MILLEN
* Margt his wife
* Serah
* Mary
* Mathew
* Willm

Saml GILMORE
* Mary his wife
* Reachel Nive__
* Elizabeth

Mary SAMPLE

Ballygalley

Danl MC ALISTER
* Mary his wife
* Margt
* Mary
* Danl
* Hill
* Agnes
* Jas
* Archd

Tamnamore

Mica BURNSIDE
* Mary his wife
* Willm

Willm HUSETON
* John his son

Isabella MILLER*
 Alex her son
* Mary
* Robert
* Willm

Jno MC INTOSH
* Elinar his wife
* Ann
* Margt

Archd WALLACE
* Frances his wife
* Willm
* Thos
* Mary
* Robt

Jas MC COOK
* Serah his wife
* Nathaniel
* John
* Marny
* Jno
* Thos

Widow CANNING
* Margt
* Chas
* Jas
* Geo

Garva

Robt CANNING
* Mary his wife
* Mary Jane
* Thos
* Letitilia
* Elizabeth

Metican

John MOORE
* John
* Jennet
* Cochran

Alexr DAVISON
* Isabella his wife
* Robt
* Willm
* Alexr

Jas MARKS
* Ann his wife
* Jennet
* John

John BAVERIDGE
* Isabella his wife
* John
* Willm
* Jas

Jno MILLER
* Mary his wife
* Willm
* Alex

Inshaleen

Jas KILROY
* Margt his wife
* Willm
* Jas
* Mary
* John
* Agnes
* Margt
* Thos
* Isabella BOYLE

Widow MC MILLAN
* Jane
* Isabella

Jas GILMORE
* Isabella
* Alexr
* Willm
(A note added in Column, Grandfather of James Gilmore and Wm Gilmore )

Hugh MC MILLAN
* Reachel his wife
* Mary
* John
* Margrat
* Reachel
* Hugh
* Susann

Thos GILMORE
* Mary his wife
* Robt
* Thos
* Jas
* Willm

Thos HARPER
* Cathren his wife
* Thos
* John

George CRAIG
* Elizabeth his wife
* Robt
* John

John CRAIG
* Isabella his wife
* Ann
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* John
* Agnes
* Jas
* Willm
* Mary

Robt GILMORE
* Mary his wife
* Mary
* Robert
* Torrance
* Jennet
* Margt
* John
(A note add in Column, Ancestor of Archibald GILMORE Grandfather and family)

George STEWART
* Margrt his wife
* Serah
* Mary Jane

Joshua BOYD
* Margt his wife
* Eliza
* John
* Mary
* Martha

Robt MC (DOWEL)
* Christian his wife
* Hugh
* Martha

Andrew HUSETON
* Mary his wife
* Joseph
* John

Thos SMYTH
* Frances his wife
* Jas
* Thos
* George
* (David)
* Eliza

Archd BOYD
* Mary Do

Willm WOODBURN
* Jennet his wife
* Jane
* Stewart

John GILMORE
* Lilley his wife
* Thos
* Margt
* Agnes

Alexr GILMORE

Mulnabrom

Jas GRAY
* Mary his wife
* Susanna

Jas GRAY
* Elizabeth his wife

Saml MC MILLAN
* Elizabeth his wife
* Daniel
* Willm

Alexr MC MC CAULEY
* Serah his wife
* Jane
* John
* Jas
* Eliza
* Suxanna
* Alexr
* Agnes

Willm GRAY
* Jane his wife
* Jane
* Jas

Margt THOMPSON
* Elinar
* John
* Mary

Willm HILL
* Mary his wife
* Margrat
* Joseph
* Mary
* Elinar
* Serah
* Agnes

Robt GRAY
* (Elizabeth) his wife
* Elizabeth
* Mary
* Jane
* Robt

John HILL
* Mary his wife
* Margt
* Mary
* Jno
* Agnes
* Jennet

Alex BROWN
* Martha his wife
* Margrat
* Willm
* Elizabeth
* Hugh
* Martha
(Note: Brackets around Margrat, Willm & Elizabeth)

Killeyvalley

Thos NICKLE
* Jennet his wife
* Jno
* Agnes
* Robt
* Jennet
* Mary

Widow NICKLE
* Geo NICKLE
* Martha his wife
* Isabella
* Agnes

Widow NICKLE
* Elinar
* Mary
* Seray
* Margt

Geo YOUNG
* Abigal his wife

Geo YOUNG Junr
* Jane his wife
* Robt DO

Jas Mc GOOGAN
* Ann his wife
* Andr
* Mary
* Ann
* Agnes
* Jas
* Serah
* Geo

David DUNLOP
* Serah his wife
* Jas
* Jane
* Jno
* Serah

Jno DUNLOP
* Margt his wife
* Jno
* Elinar
* Margt

Wm MC MILLIN
* Elizabeth his wife

Jno KNOX
* Frances his wife
* Hugh
* Jno
* Adam
* Mary Ann
* Brice
* Isabella

Thos TURNER
* Jane his wife
* Isabella
* Joseph
* Thos
* Willm
* Alexr

Joseph TURNER
* Jennet his wife
* Jennet

Mrs. FISHER
* Archd
* Margt
* Matilda
* Mary
* Serah Jane
* Margt
(Note: Family X out)

Ballynameen

Mrs COOK
* Archd
* Isabella

Andrew CAMPABELL
* Ruth his wife
* Rebeca Jane

Robert IHURS
* Margt his wife
* Elizabeth
* Mary Ann
* Jane
* Elinar
* Margt
* Agnes

Jas MC CALLEY
* Mart his wife
* Jno
* Danl
* Jane
* Agnes
* Jas

Jas MC INTOSH
* Margt his wife
* Agnes
* Mary Ann
* Margt
* David
* Willm
* Jane

Garva

Robert GILMORE
* Martha his wife
* Thos
* Jas
* Jno
* Robt
* Elizabeth (PATTUCK)

John GILMORE
* Agnes his wife
* Robt
* Jas

Geo WOODBURN
* Agnes his wife
* Geo
* Jane
* Agnes
* Willm
* Robt
* David

Henr MULLAN Senr
* Henr MULLAN Junr
* Margt his wife
* Mary
* Jas
* Jno
* Matthew
* Henr

Alexr SMYTH
* Jas
* Cahtren
* Mary
* Alexr
* Willm
* Jane

Ann KANE
*  Margt RIANS
* Jane
* Margt

John WALLACE
* Mary WALLACE

Mrs FULLERTON
* Thomasina
* Elizabeth
* George
* Mary
* Jas
* Serah

John COOK
* Margt his wife
* Agnes

John HUNTER
* Martha his wife

Willm CRAIG
* Susanna his wife
* Jas
* Isabella LINDSAY

Mrs WALKER
* Saml CAMPABELL

Mrs LINDSAY
* Agnes
* John
* Scot

Elizabeth LINDSAY Widow
* David
* Martha his wife
* Mary
* Willm
* Jas

Miss Eliza CLERK
* Frances ---------
*  Barbara PATTERSON
* Frances---------

Mrs. WOODBURN
*  Mathew HEMPHILL

Alexr KENNEDY
* Martha his wife
* Mary Ann
* Elizabeth
* Willm
* Pegey Jane
* Agnes

Mrs HAMILTON
* Jno
* Hugh
* Willm

Thos WHITESIDE
* Ann his wife
* Willm
* John
* Thos
* Mary Ann

Ruben TOM
*  Mary Ann LINDSAY

Mathew MULLAN
* Ann his wife
* Jane
* Jno
* Henr
* Letilia
* Mary
* Jas
* Willm
* Mathew
* Cermich
* David
* Robert

Mrs. MURDOCK
* Willm
* Jane
* Elizabeth

Mrs. MULHOLAND

Geo CANNING
* Jennet
* Geo

Hugh GAMBLE
* Mary his wife
* Cathren

David MILLER
* Elizabeth his wife
* John
* Jane
* Ann
* Willm
* Mary
* Elizabeth wife (Turniance)

Saml PATTERSON
* John
* Thos
* Mary
*  Elizabeth LOGAN

Andr DUNLOP
* Jane his wife
* Elizabeth
* Constantia
* Hugh

John BIGAM
* Margt his wife
* Robt
* Serah Jane
* Jas
* Corn
* David
* Robert

Widow RANKEN
* Agne RANKEN

Hugh DUNLOP
* Constantia his wife
* Reachel
* Mary
* Hugh
* Chas
* Constantia
* Martha

Jas DALHOUSE
* Willm
* Martha
* Mary

Thos GRAY
* Mary his wife
* Jane
* Mary

Robert GRAY
* Mary his wife

Robt MULLAN
* Mary his wife
* Willm
* Martha
* Elizabeth

Jas WARD
* Reachel his wife
* John
* Thos
* Agnes
* Pegey Jane
* Reachel

Jas WOODBURN
* Jno

John MC DOWEL
* Martha his wife
* Margrat
* Serah

Mrs. Mary ELDER
*  Margt DOUGHERTY
*  Serah SMYTH

Mrs. MATHEWS
* Benjamin
* Eliza
* Pegey
* John
* Mary Ann
From Lavonne's ww site

A list of the families composing my congregation taken on writing commencing this 29th day of July 1818

Cooleyramer

Willm MARTIN
* Margt his wife
* Jno
* Archd

Dougal CAMPABELL
* Cathren his wife
* Margt
* Hill
* Archd
* Jane

Jane HILL Widow
* Jno her son
* David
* Jas
* Robt

Jas MARTIN
* Mary Ann his wife
* Martha

Robt MARTIN
* Mary his wife
* Robt
* Agnes
* Martha

Jno DUNLOP
* Mary his wife
* Agnes
* Jno
* Jennet
* Rosanna
* Chas
* Robt

Oliver TEMBLESON
* Jane his wife
* Isabella
* Jno

Archd MARTIN
* John Mc ANLEY
*
* Jane his wife
* Elliza Hanna

Willm TOY
* Elizabeth his wife
* Cornelus
* Mary
* Jennet
* Willm

Joseph LYTTLE
* Mary his wife
* Joseph
* Mary
* Robt
* Margt
* Willm
* Jno

Jno JAMISON Senr
* Jane
* James ____
* Wm
* Jno

John TOY
* Jane, his wife
* Elizabeth
* Willm
* Mary Ann

Saml KENNEDY
* Mary, his wife
* Serah
* Wm
* Jas
* Hugh
* Eliza
* Ann
* Pegey Jane

Drumeen

Archd GILMORE
* Isabella his wife
* Agnes

Archd GILMORE Senr
* Lilley his wife
* Margt

Widow GILMORE
* Jno

Myoghill

John PEDEN
* Margt his wife
* Henery
* Jas
* Jno

Elinar PEDAN
* Martha
* Jennet
* Isabella

Jno KENNEDY
* Martha his wife
* Thos
* Agnes
* Margt
* Alexr
* Martha
* Cathran
* Jno

Hugh TORRANCE
* Jane his wife
(Family X out

Hugh TORRANC
E* Agnes his wife

Willm MC FETRICH
* Agnes his wife

Alex MC FETRICH
* Agnes
* Wm
* Jas
* Jno

Willm REED
* Hanna his wife
* David
* Alexr
* Jennet

Robt CLERK Junr
* Jane his wife

__JACKSON
* Mary his wife
* Serah
* Wm
* Mary
* Hanna his mother
* Math JACKSON

Robert CLERK Senr
* Agnes his wife
* Jas
* Mary
* John
* Agnes

Robert CLARK Junr
* Jennet his wife
* Jno
* Jas
(Family X out)

Widow PEDAN
* Elinar
* Pegey
* Hugh

Jas PEDAN
* Margt his wife
* Hugh Agnes
* Jas

John HERALD
* Mary his wife
* Mary
* Alexr

George HERALD
* Elizabeth his wife
* Ann
* Mary
* John
* Betty
* George
* Willm

Jas MADIGAN
* Jane his wife
* Jno
* Robt

John BOYD
* Serah his wife
* Thos
* Eliza
* John
* Jane
* Mary BOYD mother

Robt WOODRAH
* Margt

Willm GRAY
* Cathren his wife
* Susanna
* Willm
* Elizabeth
* Mary
* Robt

Jno BRADLEY
* Jane his wife
* Elizabeth
* Hanna

John WOODRAH
* Margrat his wife
* Robt
* Jno

Caheny

Widow GILMORE
* Alex
* Agnes

Widow JOHNSON of Thos
* Letitia
* Jas
* Isabella
* Hanna

Thos GILMORE
* Mary his wife

Alexr KENNEDY
* Jane his wife
* Agnes
* Elizabeth
* Alexr

Archd HOGG
* Eliner his wife
* Andr
* Eliza
* John

Cooleyman

Jno KENNEDY
* Jas KENNEDY Senr
* Cathren
* Elizabeth
* Jno
* Alex

Jas KENNEDY Junr
* Mary his wife
* Agnes
* Peggy Ann
* Mary
* Elizabeth

Saml FLEMING
* Jennet his wife
* Willm
* Saml
* Thos

Jas FLEMING
* Ann his wife
* Hugh
* Alexr
* Martha
* Margrat
* Jennet
* Jas

John KENNEDY
* Martha his wife
* Ann
* Martha
* Saml
* Hugh
* Mary
* John
* Cathren
* Jane

Widow TORRANCE
* Smyth
* Willm
* Margt
* Ann

Jas TORRANCE
* Mary Ann his wife
* Saml Smyth
* Margt
* Elizabeth

Andrew TORRANCE

Saml TORRANCE
* Mary his wife
* Robt
* Saml

Moneydig

Jno MORRISON
* Martha his wife
* Jno
* Jane
* Elizabeth
* Marth
* Daniel
* Mary
* Agnes

Jno MURRELL
* Margt his wife
* Saml

Nathaniel MURRELL
* Margt his wife
* Mary
* Jane
* Agnes
* John
* Saml
* Martha

Widow BROWN
* Hugh BROWN

Widow RICHMAN
* Ann
* Easter
* Dan

Saml BROWN
* Letitia his wife
* John
* Martha
* Alexr
* Elizabeth
* Robt
* Hugh
* Letitia

Jno ALEXANDER
* Martha his wife
* Martha
* Margrat
* Jane
* Easter
* Alexr
* John

Thos ALEXANDER
* Mary his wife
* Jas
* Jane
* Thos
* Robt
* Hugh
* Easter
* Saml
* Martha
* Torrance
* Mary

Jno ALEXANDER
* Patrick
* Jas
* Thos
* Ledey

Movenis Upper

Saml JOHNSTON
* Elizabeth his wife
* Mary
* Isabella

Jas JOHNSTON
* Margt his wife
* Elizabeth

Jno JOHNSTON
* Agnes his wife
* Margt
* Elizabeth

Robert WOODRAH
* Henry MOONEY

Cornelus TOY
* Isabella his wife
* Cornelus
* Elizabeth
* Jennet

John TOY
* Elizabeth his wife
* Jennet
* Easter
* Elizabeth
* Ann
* Elinar

Jas TOY
* Easter his wife
* Elizabeth
* (Joseph)
* Jno
* Jenney?

Mark WOODRAHBR
* Elizabeth his wife
* Jno
* Robt
* Saml
* Jas
* Markus
* Laughlin

Jas SMYTH
* Easther his wife
* Elizabeth
* Margt
* Cahtren
* Ann
* Agnes

Jas TUMBLESON
* Elizabeth his wife
* Isabella
* Jennet

Jno MC COOK
* Elizabeth his wife
* Robt
* Archd
* Elizabeth

Jas MC COOK
* Jennet his wife
* Mary

David CHESNUT
* Hanna his wife
* Elizabeth
* Saml
* Robt
* Margt MC PHERSON

Jno ANDERSON
* Elizabeth his wife
* Robt
* Martha
* Serah
* Mary Ann

Nealey MC COMB
* Mary his wife
* Mary
* Robt
* Jennet

Jas HAGERTY
* Mary his wife
* Mary Ann
* Serah
* Elizabeth

Jas QUIN
* Jane his wife

Cornelus QUIN
* Margt his wife
* Margt
* Faded name

Henr HAGERTY
* Margrat his wife
* Jennet
* Mary
* Hugh
* John
* Jas

Thos TURNER
* Agnes his wife
* Rebecca
* Margt
* Mary Ann

Andrew JACKSON
* Serah his wife
* Jennet
* Hanna
* Matthew
* Mary
* Willm

Thos DINNEN
* Saml
* Alexr
* Elizabeth
* Robt
* John
* Willm

Jas MC AFEE
* Rachel
* Joseph
* Jane
* Mary

Wm JACKSON
* Agnes his wife
* Wm
* Hanna
* Mathew
* Jas
* Archd
* John

Jno MC COOK
* Elizabeth his wife
* Robt
* Archd
* Elizabeth

Jas MC COOK
* Jennet his wife
* Mary

David CHESNUT
* Hanna his wife
* Elizabeth
* Saml
* Robt
* Margt MC PHERSON

Jno ANDERSON
* Elizabeth his wife
* Robt
* Martha
* Serah
* Mary Ann

Nealey MC COMB
* Mary his wife
* Mary
* Robt
* Jennet

Jas HAGERTY
* Mary his wife
* Mary Ann
* Serah
* Elizabeth

Jas QUIN
* Jane his wife

Cornelus QUIN
* Margt his wife
* Margt
* Faded name

Henr HAGERTY
* Margrat his wife
* Jennet
* Mary
* Hugh
* John
* Jas

Thos TURNER
* Agnes his wife
* Rebecca
* Margt
* Mary Ann

Andrew JACKSON
* Serah his wife
* Jennet
* Hanna
* Matthew
* Mary
* Willm

Thos DINNEN
* Saml
* Alexr
* Elizabeth
* Robt
* John
* Willm

Jas MC AFEE
* Rachel
* Joseph
* Jane
* Mary

Wm JACKSON
* Agnes his wife
* Wm
* Hanna
* Mathew
* Jas
* Archd
* John

Jno BELL
* Jas BELL
* Jno BELL Junr

Patrick MC MASTER
* Jane his wife
* Alex
* Jno

Archd MC MASTER
* Jane his wife
* Chas
* Archd
* Jas
* Wm
* Alexr
* Agnes
* Jane

Brice KNOX
* Margt his wife
* Mary
* Jno
* Isabella
* Martha
* Margt
* Hugh

Widow KNOX
*  Jas KNOX
* Agnes his wife
* Jno

Aug 13 1818

Ballury

Mathew Mc MAA Dead
* Jas
* Jas MC MAA
* Margt MC ILROY
* Mary Ann
* Agnes KILE
* Math

Widow DORRANCE (Name X out)

Jno DORRANCE Dead
* Mary Ann his wife
* Jennet
* Jas
* Saml
* Jno
* Ann
* Mary Ann ADAMS

Widow MC CLENAGHAN
* Robert MC CLENAGHAN
* Agnes
* Revd Wm MC CLENAGHAN
* Widow MC CLENAGHAN
* Robt MC CLENAGHAN
* Agnes his wife

Jacob MC CLENAGHAN
* Mary his wife
* Elizabeth
* Jno
* Elizabeth SMYTH

Jno MC CLENAGHAN
* Michael MC CLENAGHAN
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Mary

Edinbann

Widow CHAMBERS
* Jane
* Agnes
* Mary
* Margt
* Robt

Willm CHAMBERS
* Martha his wife
* Margt
* Jno

Jas GAMBLE
* Susanna his wife
* Elizabeth
* Willm
* Agnes

Jno TORRANCE
*  Alex TORRANCE
* Mary his wife

The above family is sideways in right margin. It is hard to tell which townland they belong too.

Jno MORISON
* Mary his wife

Jas MC CLANE
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Archd
* Jas

Willm MOORE
* Pegey his wife

Alex PATTON
* Agnes his wife
* Mary
* Margt
* Agnes
* Edward

Jas TURNER
* Hanna his wife

Saml (GILMORE)
* Mary his wife
* Elizabeth
* Reachel
* Man

John GRAHAM
* Margt his wife
* Elizabeth
* Susanna
* Willm
* Mary
* Agnes
*  Jno WOODBURN

Thos PATTEN
* Eliza his wife
* Mary Ann
* Martha
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* Jennet

Tranaltragh

Jno MARTIN
* Mary his wife
* Geo
* Mary
* Jno
* Willm
* Susanna
* Joseph

Elizabeth MARTIN

Thos PATTAN
* Mary Ann
* Martha
* Robt
* Elizabeth

Willm COCHRAN
* Agnes his wife
* Thos
* Wm
* Alexr

Mighael WALLACE
* Wm
* Jas
* Hugh
* Jno
* Joseph

Saml BROWN
*  Willm BROWN
* Elizabeth his wife
* Elizabeth

Jas LYND
* Agnes his wife

Willm LYND
* Elizabeth his wife
* Martha
* Jas

Jas ALKER
* Jno PATTERSON

Widow HILTON
* Jno HILTON
* Elizabeth his wife

Hugh MC CAGHAY
* Jennet his wife
* Easter
* Jas

Willm HILTON
* Mary his wife
* Jane

Willm BOULTON
* Mary his wife
* Mary Ann
* Dolley
* Thomasina
* Willm

George HOLMES
* Martha his wife
* Agnes
* Jno
* Hugh
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* Geo
* Oliver

Robt ANDREW
* Jennet his wife
* David
* Jane

Willm ANDREW
* Agnes his wife
* (Heney)
* Matilda

Jas MC CAGHEY
* Jennet his wife
* Margt
* Jas
* Easther
* Willm

Jno MC CAGHEY
* Isabella his wife
* Easter
* Jno
* Geo
* Jas
* Richd
* Margt

Alexr MC CAGHAY
* Mary his wife
* Jennet
* Elizabeth
* Jas
* (Susanna)
* Easther

Arch MC CORT
* Elinor his wife
* Agnes
* Jane
* Jas

Myletragh

Alex WOODBURN
* Margt his wife
* Robt
* Jno
* Geo
* Jas
* Elizabeth Ann
* Mary

Saml DUNLOP
* Saml
* Willm
* Mary

Jas DUNLOP
* Elizabeth his wife
* Elin Jane
* Matilda
* Saml
* Joseph

Jno ALEXANDER
* Jennet his wife
* Cathren
* Margret
* Serah
* Thos

Chas QUIN
* Easther his wife
* Jas
* Jno
* Alexr

Willm MC LAUGHLAN
* Serah his wife
* Chas
* Margrat
* Archd
* Thos
* Mary

Willm HAMIL
* Margt his wife
* Jno
* Archd
* Agnes MC COOK

Thos LAUGHLAN
* Serah his wife
* Jas
* Agnes

Widow REED

Robt REED
* Serah his wife
* Jane
* Jno
* Serah
* Thos

Willm LYTLE
* Mary his wife
* Robert LYTLE

Jno LYTTLE
* Ann his wife
* Elizabeth
* Mary
* Margt

Jas THOMPSON
* Agnes his wife
* Mary Ann
* Eliza
* Jno
* Agnes
* Robt

Jno THOMPSON
* Letitia his wife
* David
* Eliza
* Jno
* Jane

Jno LYND
* Elinar his wife
* Jno
* Serah
* Agnes
* Jas

Chas STEWART
* Jennet STEWART

Robt THOMPSON
* Jane his wife
* Jno
* Hugh
* Robt
* Mar(y)
* Jane

Andr STEWART
* Susanna his wife
* Chas
* Geo
* Mary Ann
* Rosanna
* Jennet
* Willm
* Andr
* Thos

Jno WARWICK
* Robt
* Mary
* Jane

Widow MEHARG
* Jno MEHARG

Jas KING
* (no name entered) his wife
* Agnes
* Mary Ann
* Jno
* Archd
* Jane

Jas GRAY
* Letitia his wife
* Agnes
* Mary

Saml MURRELL
* Jane his wife
* Mary
* Alexr
* Jno
* Jennet
* Agnes
* Willm

David WHITE
* Elizabeth his wife
* Jennet
* Elizabeth
* Martha
* David

Widow HILL
* Thos HILL

Geo MC CORT
* Cathren his wife
* Jas
* Geo
* Agnes
* Jno
* Serah

Crossland

Laurey BRAZEL
* Martha his wife
* Jennet
* Willm

Ballymena

Jno STEWART
* Serah his wife

Robt MC COOK
* Serah
* Agnes
* Jno
* Mary

Willm HAMILTON
*
* Jane his wife
* Margt
* Joseph
* Ann
* Willm
* Jas

Cathren RANGER
* Isabella
* Geo
* Jane

Widow STEWART
* Jno
* Alexr

Thos THOMPSON
* Margrat his wife
* Serah
* James
* Hugh
* Jane
* Margt
* (Chas)
* Robt

Widow YOUNG
* Hugh
* Will
* Jas

Robt DOUGHERTY
* Serah
* Robt
* Hanna
* Thompson
* Elizabeth
 * Mary Jane

Saml KENNEDY
* Elizabeth his wife
* Agnes
* Willm
* Mary

John HUSETON
* Elinar his wife
* Mathew
* Elizabeth
* Clerk

Jno HOLMES
* Andr (BIMEY)

David HAMIL Elizabeth his wife
* Willm
* Margt
* Agnes
* Elizabeth
* Mary Ann
* Robt

Geo STEWART
* Jane his wife
* Serah
* Andrew
* Jas
* Jane
* David
* Reachel

David LINTON
* Mary his wife
* Wm
* Robt
* John
* Mary

Ballyleme

Jas THOMPSON
* Jane his wife
* Jane
* Mary
* Margt
* Agnes
* Jas
* Daniel
* Willm

Laragh

Joseph DALRIMPLE
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Margt
* Mary

Robt MC FETRICH
* Agnes his wife
* Serah
* Willm
* Elizabeth

Thos COCHRAN
* Mary his wife
* Jas
* Jane
* Willm
* Jno
* Mary
* Danl
* Thos
* Robt

Robt TURNER
* Agnes his wife
* Mary
* Jennet

Willm TURNER
* (No name entered) his wife

Ballydallaghan

Margt HOLMES
* Agnes THOMPSON

Carr Callintober

Jno Mc CLENAGHAN
Mary his wife
* Archd
* Jno
* Agnes

Thos MC KEE
Agnes his wife
* Jno
* Archd
* Agnes
* Jas
* Jennet
* Thos

Jas WADE
* Isabella his wife
* Jas
* Jno
* Willm
* Elinar

John THOMPSON
* Agnes his wife
* Serah

Willm LINTON
* Martha his wife
* Jno
* Susanna
* Willm
* Mary

Hugh THOMPSON Senr
* Jane his wife
* Willm
* Mary
* Jane

David SUTTER
* Margt his wife
* Susanna
* Geo
* Elizabeth
* Margt

Jno THOMPSON
* Agnes his wife
* Serah
* Thos
* Willm

Kearn Aug 13th 1818

Jas HAMIL
* Mary Ann his wife
* Agnes
* David
* Margt
* Cathren
* Hugh
* Mary Ann
* Isabella

Willm COOK
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Agnes
* Hanna
* Rabecca
* Mary Jane
* Elinar
* Serah
* Matilda

Jas WOODS
* Ann his wife
* Jno
* Willm
* Jane

Jas BERRIMAN
* Mary his wife
* Jennet
* Margt
* Mary

Richd PATTERSON
* Elizabeth
* Richd
* Elizabeth
* Richd WOODBURN

Willm PATTERSON

Andrew PATTERSON
* Hanna his wife
* Geo
* Mary
* Eliza
* Margt
* Anne
* Jane

Jno THOMPSON
* Ann his wife
* Isabella

Thos HILL
* Martha his wife
* Hugh
* David
* Agnes
* Hanna

Willm MARTIN
* Margt his wife
* Jno

Saml FRAME
* Mary his wife
* Jas

Elizabeth MARTIN

Willm PATTERSON
* Cathren his wife
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* Margt
* Mary
* Jennet

Tircheran

John CAMPABELL
* Mary his wife
* Willm
* Jas

Thos HOLMES
* Ann his wife
* Mary
* Geo
* Thos
* David

Jno HOLMES
* Susanna his wife
* Mary
* Saml
* Elizabeth
* Susanna

Geo HOLMES
* Mary his wife
* Joseph
* Mary Ann
* Elizabeth

Widow HOLMES
*  Jas HAMILTON
* Ann his wife
* Margt

Jas CAMPABELL
* Isabella his wife
* Mary
* Jno
* Robt

Jas JOHNSTON
* Martha his wife
* Jno
* Isabella
* Martha
* Saml
* James

Alex MC ALISTER
* Martha his wife
* Matada
* Jennet COCHRAN

Maghrimore

Geo STEWART
* Jennet his wife
* Serah
* Andr
* Jas
* Jane
* David

Jno STEWART
* Jane his wife
* Rosanna
* Andr
* Thos

Widow STEWART
* Widow MURDOCK
* Willm
* Jane
* Elizabeth

Widow MAXWELL
* Jas
* Martha MANAGHAM

Willm STEWART
* Hanna his wife
* Reachel
* Willm
* Jane
* Andr
* Thos

Widow CARITHERS
* Jane
* Danl
* Willm

Jas MC NERY
* Mary his wife
* Margt
* Jas

Widow MC NERY
* Jas
* Elizabeth
* Mgt
* Agnes
* Sera

Robt Mc Gumery
* Agnes his wife
* Mary
* Jennet
* Robt
* Margt

Coolbann

Saml CAMPABELL
* Margt his wife
* Alexr
* Saml

Thos CANNING
* Serah his wife
* Mary Ann

Robt WOODRAH
* Isabella
* Jane
* Mary

Ballynameen

Lilley MC ALISTER
* Martha
* Serah

Andr HUNTER
* Mary his wife
* Mary Jane

Mrs. FISHER
* Archd
* Margt
* Matilda
* Mary
* Serah Jane Margt

Jno YOUNG
* Elizabeth his wife
* Willm
* Martha

Jno FISHER
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Robt
* Geo
* Jas
* Mary Jane
* Ann
* Willm

Widow FISHER
* Isabella
* Martha

Alex KENNEDY
* Mary his wife
* Robt
* Elizabeth
* Jno
* Thompson

Robt KENNEDY
* Martha his wife
* Jane
* Jno
* James
* Mary Ann

Jno KENNEDY
*  Mary SUTTER
* Jno
* Jane
* Matilda

David MC INTOSH
*  Margt HOLMES

Ballyagan

David GILMORE
* Mary his wife
* Margt
* Mary Ann
*
Robt GILMORE
* Elizabeth his wife
* Elizabeth
* Hugh
* David

Widow LOGAN
* Jno
* Danl
* Rabecca MINOGHER
* John LOGAN
* Dan LOGAN
* Jas MYNOGHER
* Mary MYNOGER

Widow GILMORE
* Jno
* Margrat
* Rabecca (this child could belong to above family)
* Hugh (this child could belong to above family)

Jas GILMORE
* Elizabeth his wife
* Jno
* Jas

Thos GILMORE
* Wm
* Elizabeth
* Agnes
* Isabella
* Thos

Wm MC CL0SKEY
* Margt his wife
* Serah
* Elizabeth Ann
* Margt
* Mary Jane
* Robt
* Jas
* Susanna
* Agnes

Samuel DINNEN
* Mary his wife
* Jno
* Elizabeth
* Agnes
* Jas
* Mary (Do---)

Willm MOORE
* Ann his wife
* Jno

Jno ORR
* Elinar his wife
* Jno
* Jennet
* Elinar
* Jas
* Adam
* David
* Willm
* Margt

Will ORR
* Alex 1?84
* Jas 18
* Lilley 36

Jas MC MILLAN
* Mary his wife
* Thos 1908
* Jno 76
* Alexr 1832
* Mary Ann
* Jas
* Margt
* Agnes

Robt TURNER
* Robt

Hen MULLAN
* Jane his wife
* Mary
* Henry
* Jas
* Geo
* (Hanna)

Jas MC INTOSH
* Margt his wife
* Elizabeth

Mary Ann GILMORE
PAGE 1

A list of the towns, families and individuals as taken in the visiting of the congregation of Garva Beginning in the summer of 1825 by James Brown A.M.
MYOGHILL

1

Elinar PEDAN
Martha PEDAN